2018 or 2019 CARIBOU HUNT FOR MY SON AND I

mooster

WKR
I’d guess my DIY fly in costs are about $7K all in, could do it for less if frugal. I figure a DIY haul road trip at half that.

Trial153

WKR
I am all set for another go round next year. All said I might realize a 30-40% savings at the very best. That said I am not the most frugal guy so someone with more time and diligence might do better.

AKBorn

WKR
I’d guess my DIY fly in costs are about $7K all in, could do it for less if frugal. I figure a DIY haul road trip at half that.
I think this is a pretty good round number for guys to start with - may be a little less or a little more depending on your flights into and out of the bush, but 7K is a good ballpark figure.

My costs are a bit over 7k, but I spend 3 days in Anchorage on each side of my hunt, so my hotel, rental car, and food costs add another grand or so to the total. I keep my hunting and camping gear (except rifle/pistol/ammo/etc) in a storage unit in Anchorage, and spend time before/after each trip staging the gear or cleaning it and prepping it for next year.