2019 Best Buck Mule Deer Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Kryptek

ed558610f80509b5a33d7e16457fe670.plist

Region C Wyoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
Should get on here more often, lots of great hunters and info on here. Here is the buck I got here in Wyoming this year. I was lucky enough to pull a limited quota late season tag. I wish hunting mule deer in November was something I could do every year.

e2e42e4bce978c438afbf3800bb3f8be.jpg

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
Should get on here more often, lots of great hunters and info on here. Here is the buck I got here in Wyoming this year. I was lucky enough to pull a limited quota late season tag. I wish hunting mule deer in November was something I could do every year.

e2e42e4bce978c438afbf3800bb3f8be.jpg

Nice old brute and your pretty good lookin yourself! Can I get your number?! 😉

Nicklhead

FNG

View attachment 118615
We're back! This is the fourth year of this contest and is bound to be the best. Our friends at Kryptek have put up a $750 Gift Certificate towards the Altitude Line for 1st place this year!!!! Just think of hitting the Kryptek Store with a free pass to spend $750 bucks on your gear of choice. That will be you if you win 1st place. 2nd Place takes a signed copy of Hunting Big Mule Deer.

RyanG505 took the gold last year with this gem:

45559b8f3af78d7cbb4936c95d9f18bf.jpg

For 2nd place, a signed copy of my book Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life

b2ap3_thumbnail_book.jpg

This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2019 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a buck harvested in 2019

5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread

6) One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kryptek use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2019 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for, click here

Try again this year. Eastern plains mule deer. In the rut stuck on stupid on a hot doe. So caught up on doe I closed distance of 575 yards for a 30 yard shot. Nice trash on his left side my biggest archery buck to date. Tall grass made it hard for pics but easy for stalk. Late entry but just had to decide which picture showed everything. I just need more body. Let’s see where I land
a4a2691248cc044f232d814cfbb80234.jpg

Try again this year. Eastern plains mule deer. In the rut stuck on stupid on a hot doe. So caught up on doe I closed distance of 575 yards for a 30 yard shot. Nice trash on his left side my biggest archery buck to date. Tall grass made it hard for pics but easy for stalk. Late entry but just had to decide which picture showed everything. I just need more body. Let’s see where I land
a4a2691248cc044f232d814cfbb80234.jpg

Congrats on a great looking mule

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all,
Make sure you go through this thread and give a "like" to the posts you would to see make it to the next round. We will take like counts into consideration when the Rokstaff votes for the final few.