2019 Best Bull Elk Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
12/28/19 update: winners have been chosen. See link https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/member-vote-thread-on-2019-bull-elk-hunt-photo.153197/

We're back! This is the fourth year of this contest. Our friends at Kifaru have put up a $750 Gift Certificate for 1st place this year!!!! Just think, $750 smackers to spend in the Kifaru Store, and no guilt trip from the Mrs!

The $750 is for first place, (2nd place will be the ever-popular-and-often-out-of-stock Rokslide Kill Kit shown below)

Jr8fish took the Kifaru money last year with this winning photo:
aaa6438a01d2b6ce3ce73510fb19ab1d.jpg

2nd Place Rokslide Kill Kit Valued at $110 (subject to in-stock status)

This is NOT a biggest bull contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2019 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the bull, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a bull harvested in 2019

5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread

6) One photo per bull only. If you harvest multiple bulls, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kifaru use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2018 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for, click here

Last edited:

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Solo archery spike in a spike only unit.

Spike units represent to me the blessing of a years worth of trophy meals shared with family and friends.

Attachments

• DE8BB5E3-2339-4EE8-8E1E-18E6629DD769.jpeg
    DE8BB5E3-2339-4EE8-8E1E-18E6629DD769.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 482
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Still not pushing the deadline back to the end of the year/2019 elk seasons?

I do like looking at all the photos. I just want to play too.

We did think about it, but we get so busy in early January that it would be very difficult to be judging the photo contests at that time—sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaultman

WKR
I’m guessing I’ll be the only one who has a photo of the arrow on its way to kill his bull...
Center of pic if you look closely
b59fa9609618a436cf89e24bfe08ad0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you ever hunt where it isn't so wide open? :) I mean, how is a hunter supposed to hide when there is so little cover?
Nice picture of an arrow being delivered! I've never seen that in a still photo before.