2019 Best Whitetail Hunt Photo, Sponsored by First Lite

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Hey Roksliders,
First Lite has stepped up for 2019 for this contest. First Lite has a complete line of Whitetail performance clothing in their Sanctuary and Solitude lines (including women's pieces in the Sanctuary). Some quick videos here:

They have quite a few crossover pieces from other lines that work great for the Whitetail Hunter. See it all here

Once you're done drooling, why not try and win some of that line in our annual Best Whitetail Hunt Photo contest?

Contest is simple:

This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2019 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that we mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? Or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunter's head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a buck harvested in 2019 (or before January 15th, 2020)

5) Between archery season and January 15th, post up your best 2019 harvest photo on this thread (don't know how to post pics? Click here )

6) One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and First Lite use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2018 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for, click
here

Last edited:

Gumbo

WKR
I'll start it off with my first velvet deer. Shot on September 7th (opening day) in NE Montana, spot and stalk on public land with a bow. The setting and hunt were surreal, the deer was a huge bodied 5x5 with a gorgeous cape and perfect velvet. To steal a Gritty phrase, I felt like I was walking up on a unicorn as I approached him.

Last edited:

Skuhzz

FNG
Thanks! Compound, I like success way too much to ditch the training wheels.
Training wheels or not that's a great deer! Congrats again, looking forward to more pictures like it from this thread. Hoping to post one of my own!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
Training wheels or not that's a great deer! Congrats again, looking forward to more pictures like it from this thread. Hoping to post one of my own!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks, hope you stick a bruiser!

Last edited:

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
The Body on this tank was tremendous, I cant wait to send the teeth in and find out the age! Montana sure is a special place, I love hunting the mornings and listing to the cranes come off the fields and geese making their first flights off the river not far away.

edited deer 2019.jpg

Last edited:

PMcGee

WKR
a3431aaf6f2f12be8ef7b0eb598f5f84.jpg

Opening day Pennsylvania.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
07650466-1A9E-4B36-AE03-F14442EE0938.jpeg

Public land Ohio doe. This section of forest service land is landlocked on 3 sides and the only way to it is a 3 mile hike from the other side. The benefit is zero competition, but you have to pack it out. Less than an hour sitting and she popped up at 20 yards.

Last edited by a moderator: