2019 Best Whitetail Hunt Photo, Sponsored by First Lite

Cruiser

FNG
I'll start it off with my first velvet deer. Shot on September 7th (opening day) in NE Montana, spot and stalk on public land with a bow. The setting and hunt were surreal, the deer was a huge bodied 5x5 with a gorgeous cape and perfect velvet. To steal a Gritty phrase, I felt like I was walking up on a unicorn as I approached him.

View attachment 120708
That is a great picture an buck. The velvet is awesome.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
2ef0e935ddf8861f47452227e404e53a.jpg

Public land, northern IL. Opening day of shotgun and my biggest buck to date. Still super pumped about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD619er

WKR
Due to work and family life I was only able to hunt two days this year. (Other than a week of elk hunting) This was the first time in 10 years I didn't take a whitetail with my bow. I was blessed to take a nice doe and this 10 point buck in back to back days. The last two days of gun season on public land in Ohio. Best part was my father was hunting near me on both occasions and we shared the mile+ drag out both times. Memories I'll never forget.

Attachments

• IMG_0913~2.jpg
    IMG_0913~2.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 100

Blakelok

FNG
I'll start it off with my first velvet deer. Shot on September 7th (opening day) in NE Montana, spot and stalk on public land with a bow. The setting and hunt were surreal, the deer was a huge bodied 5x5 with a gorgeous cape and perfect velvet. To steal a Gritty phrase, I felt like I was walking up on a unicorn as I approached him.

View attachment 120708

That’s a great photo and an even better story!