2019 California Blacktail

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
20190921_083802 (3).jpg 2019 California Blacktail taken in the foothills of the Trinity Mountains. 165 lb. live weight. 4 x 3 plus eye guards. Savage .308 Win. Super Striker with Burris 3 x 12 in Warne Mounts. My first copper bullet California deer. Federal 150 gr. Factory Power Shok. One shot at 70 yards. Great performance.

OP
Sawfish

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! Nice work with .308 hand cannon! I did not realize regs allow pistols to be scoped to such a high power—that's great.
No limitation on scope power in CA. This is a Burris LER handgun scope. LER (long eye relief) scopes limit your field of view at max power in some situations. A number of shooters are using rifle scopes at higher power, which necessitates a heavier gun and an abundance of caution to avoid poking your eye. I normally shoot an Encore handgun in 30/06 with a Burris 2 x 7 power but the Striker was set up to go with lead free ammo and it has lots of experience, so it got the nod. FYI, the scope was set on three power for the kill shot. Handgun shooting is a real kick. I shot my first handgun buck over twenty years ago, and have never gone back to the rifle.