2019 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

87TT

WKR
I must be weird. My first shot of the day is usually one of my better ones. Even after a few days off. Maybe I forget my bad habits?

You still have till June 5 to shoot your last arrow, so you should be good. But I noticed even though I shot mine five days in a row, I was getting rusty after the third day with no practice between arrows. I lose it fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, unfortunately I haven’t even shot my 1st arrow yet. Been trying to dig the targets out of the Garage and trying a new fletching setup. Excuses excuses....
I’ll get it done though.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, some shooters have already fired their 5th arrow and have qualified. Me and @Travis Bertrand have started the qualified lists in posts #1. If you’ve qualified, make sure you check that list and make sure we have your number of entries correct.

I’m already hearing back from guys on how much this has helped them.

TravisIN

WKR
Got my last one posted this morning. Great challenge. It was a little torture only shooting one arrow each day though. Thanks for putting it on!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got my last one posted this morning. Great challenge. It was a little torture only shooting one arrow each day though. Thanks for putting it on!

Sure thing Travis, will get you qualified in the next couple days here. Thanks for coming out for this

Fatcamp

WKR
Wrapped up yesterday. On to adventures!

Horrendous bowfishing conditions this morning. Cold, windy, tons of water coming out of the dam. Stuck with it though and my wife got blood on her new bow. 😀

KIMG1848.JPGKIMG1849.JPG

That PSE recurve and my Benelli Nova have killed so much game. They are both like extensions of my hands. Some day my Tikka and compound will feel the same. Someday.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wrapped up yesterday. On to adventures!

Horrendous bowfishing conditions this morning. Cold, windy, tons of water coming out of the dam. Stuck with it though and my wife got blood on her new bow.

View attachment 100877View attachment 100878

That PSE recurve and my Benelli Nova have killed so much game. They are both like extensions of my hands. Some day my Tikka and compound will feel the same. Someday.

Good stuff Fatcamp

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just qualified a few more guys if you want to check the list. I'm doing the even numbered post, Travis is doing the odd numbered (post count is in full-site mode and may not align with Tapatalk post count)

slosurfer

FNG
Thanks again for setting this up again this year. It's a great exercise. I wrapped it up yesterday (post #54 in the thread). I apparently don't have enough posts to do a PM, either that, or I can't figure out how. 🤷‍♂️ Time to post more I guess haha

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again for setting this up again this year. It's a great exercise. I wrapped it up yesterday (post #54 in the thread). I apparently don't have enough posts to do a PM, either that, or I can't figure out how. Time to post more I guess haha

OK man, we got you. We’ll get you qualified on our next day that we go through them. Thanks for participating.

2 ?'s:
-Can't seem to be able to PM.
-Finished and posted my 5 shots over a week ago, but not on qualified list.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
2 ?'s:
-Can't seem to be able to PM.
-Finished and posted my 5 shots over a week ago, but not on qualified list.

Thanks.

Will be going back through the list this week. So will get you qualified. Thank you. the only reason you can’t pm is because you only have three posts. Soon as you get ten you should be able to. Thanks for coming out for the challenge

Will be going back through the list this week. So will get you qualified. Thank you. the only reason you can’t pm is because you only have three posts. Soon as you get ten you should be able to. Thanks for coming out for the challenge

Awesome, thank you. I'll try and contribute more, just so many others with more knowledge than me. Thanks again.

TX_Diver

WKR
Just joined recently after talking w/ Rob at S&S and saw this thread.

To "Qualify" do you have to hit within the "vital" zone or is completing the challenge even if a shot or 2 would've been a miss or a long tracking job okay?

Sounds like I need to hurry up and finish tuning my new bow.

To "Qualify" do you have to hit within the "vital" zone or is completing the challenge even if a shot or 2 would've been a miss or a long tracking job okay?

Nope you dont have to. I asked that question but its buried in the many comments prior.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Just complete the challenge by shooting 5 arrows over 5 (or more) days as the rules state The misses are supposed to help you be an more ethical hunter and are not counted against you.

TX_Diver

WKR
rows over 5 (or more) days as the rules state The misses are supposed to help you be an more ethical hunter and are not counted against you.

Nope you dont have to. I asked that question but its buried in the many comments prior.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you. I made it through the first half of the thread at lunch but didn't see it.

Cheers

Are we allowed to make a sight or rest adjustment after the first shot? Without additional shooting of course.