2019 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Fatcamp

WKR
Reset our pins to 20, 30, 40, 50, 60.

Wife says she is sticking with 40, haven't made up my mind. Broadheads for sure, just questioning distance.

For this year we have a big deer target, though. Should be fun.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Reset our pins to 20, 30, 40, 50, 60.

Wife says she is sticking with 40, haven't made up my mind. Broadheads for sure, just questioning distance.

For this year we have a big deer target, though. Should be fun.

I haven’t made my mind up yet either. Either 55 or 60...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slosurfer

FNG
Yes! I am definitely in! Trad with broadheads. I had a lot of fun last year with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Any thoughts on using smaller pins for longer distances?
I am using a Black Gold Rush and really like it. I see I can put .10 pins in it rather than the .19 that are in it now. At 60 that .19 seems big.

Anyone using smaller pins?

TravisIN

WKR
I am using a Black Gold Rush and really like it. I see I can put .10 pins in it rather than the .19 that are in it now. At 60 that .19 seems big.

I use .010 pins from top to bottom

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider

I run a 3 pin BG slider, run a .010 on the bottom, would like to change all of them just haven't done it yet.

TravisIN

WKR
I run a 3 pin BG slider, run a .010 on the bottom, would like to change all of them just haven't done it yet.

If you call black gold they will let you send the pins in and change out the fibers for you. At least they offered that to me.

I tried 0.010" pins but went back to 0.019" for my Black Gold sight...but I am older but chose to shoot without progressive or bifocal lenses. I couldn't see the small pins very well, especially with the hard focus on the target that I shoot with. I do have a couple of the Black Gold 0.010"pins sitting around if someone wants them for a modest fee. (Extra points if you are in western Canada).

nphunter

WKR
What distance do most of you typically do this cold bow challenge at?

I’ll may end up only doing 40? Although I often shoot much further and feel my MER is much further that’s the furthest I can shot at home. I may try to load up the target and head out to the woods but that’s a lot of time. If I end up finding a spot to get out that’s not too far from home I’ll probably shoot 70 which is typically what I practice at. It’s a half hour drive up to the local range from my house.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
What distance do most of you typically do this cold bow challenge at?

I did 70 the first year but that was with field points. Did 60 last year with Broadheads and is probably what I’ll do this year.

Fatcamp

WKR
Set a pin to 60 this year, but it is not going as well as I had hoped.

My first shot was good. 😀

I had just finished a bunch of fence maintenance so my arms may have been tired. Things went downhill quickly. 😒