2019 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Is this all pictures with short captions to explain your shot or is this short video?
pictures preferred (for ease of viewing) but videos are welcomed too. I usually do one day of video, and four days of pics. Some just video their last shot. Really up to you. Just want to get people dusting those bows off earlier and establishing a realistic MER.

TravisIN

WKR
Turkeys end on the 12th for us. Usually after that I out on new strings and cables and redo everything for my elk/deer setup. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to do my five before or after I redo everything. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Man I was so certain that today was the start day, so off my wife and I went to the range with the spawn demon. I got all my pictures captioned, and then popped over here to see I am a week early. So here is my equipment description and my two dry hump shots because I am not letting the effort go to waste.

I have a month old Bowtech SR6, it was a warranty replacement so I never saw the card that has the max draw weight, but it is probably a pound or three over 70lbs and set to 30". Gold Tip Pierce 250s cut to 28", Ethics Archery 110gr insert and collar, 125gr point, 3 Q2i-ish vanes gets me to about 545grs. Hamskea Trinity and Raptor, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 5 pin, BeeStinger 12" with 3oz on the end, Tight Spot 7 Arrow, and a Tru Fire Max Pro.

The Recurve is a Rose Oak Puma 58", 53lbs@28" drawn to about 31.5" gets me to 62ish lbs. Gold Tip Pierce 250s cut to 31", Ethics Archery 110gr insert and collar, 250gr point and three 4.5" feathers gets me to 670grs. Thunderhorn Linx quiver, and American Leathers glove. Olive Wood and Ziricote are what I choose for the riser with Ziricote veneers on the limbs.

My wife and I did a course loop with the compound, and my son was pretty squirmy today. I let loose my two challenge shots before we headed off to watch the derby with friends. I guess it is fitting that it was a dry hump because I had #7 on our 0-9 $100 buy in pool, and that was a more costly dry hump making it the theme of the day.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Turkeys end on the 12th for us. Usually after that I out on new strings and cables and redo everything for my elk/deer setup. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to do my five before or after I redo everything. .

Haha. I need a new d-loop and limb bolt (one froze up) but I’m not changing anything until I shoot my five and the pressures off

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Man I was so certain that today was the start day, so off my wife and I went to the range with the spawn demon. I got all my pictures captioned, and then popped over here to see I am a week early. So here is my equipment description and my two dry hump shots because I am not letting the effort go to waste.

I have a month old Bowtech SR6, it was a warranty replacement so I never saw the card that has the max draw weight, but it is probably a pound or three over 70lbs and set to 30". Gold Tip Pierce 250s cut to 28", Ethics Archery 110gr insert and collar, 125gr point, 3 Q2i-ish vanes gets me to about 545grs. Hamskea Trinity and Raptor, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 5 pin, BeeStinger 12" with 3oz on the end, Tight Spot 7 Arrow, and a Tru Fire Max Pro.

The Recurve is a Rose Oak Puma 58", 53lbs@28" drawn to about 31.5" gets me to 62ish lbs. Gold Tip Pierce 250s cut to 31", Ethics Archery 110gr insert and collar, 250gr point and three 4.5" feathers gets me to 670grs. Thunderhorn Linx quiver, and American Leathers glove. Olive Wood and Ziricote are what I choose for the riser with Ziricote veneers on the limbs.

My wife and I did a course loop with the compound, and my son was pretty squirmy today. I let loose my two challenge shots before we headed off to watch the derby with friends. I guess it is fitting that it was a dry hump because I had #7 on our 0-9 $100 buy in pool, and that was a more costly dry hump making it the theme of the day.

Ahh crap. Sorry man. But those two shots are good for getting in the mindset of the CBC. Did you fell the pressure?

sndmn11

WKR
Ahh crap. Sorry man. But those two shots are good for getting in the mindset of the CBC. Did you fell the pressure?

No, anxiety or nervousness don't come about from things like that. My guy learned today that he can swing his feet and dance to his mom's songs while in the backpack, so we had a lot of fun. I'll go back a bit further next week without him.

TravisIN

WKR
Haha. I need a new d-loop and limb bolt (one froze up) but I’m not changing anything until I shoot my five and the pressures off

Kinda what I’m leaning towards. Try and knock them out those first five days and then start my process. Right now it’s set up for mechanicals, big ones for turkeys, but I’m going to shoot the CBC with fixed. The tune probably won’t be perfect for fixed and the results may not be the best, but my only concern is going to be executing 5 perfect shots.

Sounds like most people are in the same boat. Looking at shooting the old setup. Then changing everything right after the challenge.

I generally play with a lot of things over the summer. It's not uncommon to change things a week before I hunt. As long as my form is tuned that's all that seems to matter.

TravisIN

WKR
Sounds like most people are in the same boat. Looking at shooting the old setup. Then changing everything right after the challenge.

I generally play with a lot of things over the summer. It's not uncommon to change things a week before I hunt. As long as my form is tuned that's all that seems to matter.

Yea I’m with you.

I am the opposite. I just changed my strings and cables, new peep sight(hamskea raptor), new arrows, new stabilizer, new rest. I paper tuned and walk back tuned yesterday as well as got my sight tape set up. I will be broadhead tuning today. Should be good to go after that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I am the opposite. I just changed my strings and cables, new peep sight(hamskea raptor), new arrows, new stabilizer, new rest. I paper tuned and walk back tuned yesterday as well as got my sight tape set up. I will be broadhead tuning today. Should be good to go after that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Kick - A!