2019 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Are we allowed to make a sight or rest adjustment after the first shot? Without additional shooting of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t have any of that stuff in the rules, because the one arrow a day takes care of all that. If you’d like to change your strings, peep, whatever between days, that’s fine with us. Just stay with one arrow a day. And remember, if your equipment goes to crap, it’s OK to pull out of the challenge and then restart with five new arrows. You just have to save yourself five days before the end of the contest to get it all done.

We don’t have any of that stuff in the rules, because the one arrow a day takes care of all that. If you’d like to change your strings, peep, whatever between days, that’s fine with us. Just stay with one arrow a day. And remember, if your equipment goes to crap, it’s OK to pull out of the challenge and then restart with five new arrows. You just have to save yourself five days before the end of the contest to get it all done.

Thanks robby

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've qualified the even entries up through post #68. If you're below that post # (on full-site mode) and your even numbered, AND you've qualfied, please PM me your post #

If your post # is odd, PM @Travis Bertrand once you've qualified

Also, check your entries and make sure they match the rules. There's lots of shooters this year and we're bound to make a mistake.

To find your name on the list easier, it's in APPROXIMATE order of the posts.

June 5th is the the last day to start the challenge and you'd need to shoot 5 days in a row to qualify. So get out there and find out what you're capable of. Lots of guys shooting well, and a few of us backing off our MER too!.

Maybe this was answered but I'm not certain. Since the challenge is different this year with the point spread, can someone win more than once? Or is it a one and done thing? Just curious.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe this was answered but I'm not certain. Since the challenge is different this year with the point spread, can someone win more than once? Or is it a one and done thing? Just curious.
One and done. The extra points just get you more names in the drawing. Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, Travis and I have gone through the list and qualified everyone who completed the challenge. Please check that list by 6/14. It’s at the bottom of the lead post in the Cold Bow Challenge here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/2019-cold-bow-challenge.125038/

To find your name on the list easier, it's in APPROXIMATE order of the posts.

If we don’t hear from you, we’ll assume it’s right. We will have the results posted on the lead post on that thread by 6/17. Will notify you on this thread too. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
OK, Travis and I have gone through the list and qualified everyone who completed the challenge. Please check that list by 6/14. If we don’t hear from you, will assume it’s right. We will have the results posted on the lead post on that thread by 6/17. Will notify you on this thread too. Thanks everyone!
Where can I find that list?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, correction period is over. The list is the list. Watch for drawing results by 6/17 on this thread. Thanks.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
6/17/19. We've drawn for the winners!. If your name is on list, you have until 6/24 to claim your prize BY posting on the challenge thread here: 2019 Cold Bow Challenge and emailing me at [email protected]. If you want to trade your prizes, that's fine but work it out among the other winners. I only want one email with contact/shipping info per winner, please.

Pyro Putty- Scottyboy

PhoneSkope w/ Bluetooth Shutter- Bigwoods
$100 Camofire Gift Certificate- Chippewarrior
$200 Crispi Boot Gift Certificate- rgroves
Black Ovis Custom Arrow/ID- Billy Goat
Ironwill Outfitters Broadheads or k1 Ultralight Knife- JDZ
S&S Archery Trekking Poles- don carpenter

Vortex Viper HD 20-60x85 Spotter- jfs82