2019 Coyote Board

IMG_0453_zpsrlwjh3az.jpg

IMG_0455_zpsbcmdk0qb.jpg

gs98

FNG
On the board. First stand, 10 min in 100yards with pup distress.
730bd0bd36a76f8b71057e5936d21f58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mcseal2

WKR
The Verminator Tweety call has been good for me. Really any of their calls have worked well. The Catnip call is another one I've had good luck with. It's a good quiet call to open a stand with. I like an open reed personally for most calling. I've heard good reviews on the Dog Soldier series that came out too.

If your calling to coyotes you already spotted you won't need a loud call.

OP
JLH208

JLH208

WKR
Which hand calls you like? Might be nice to have one with me. When I see coyotes deer hunting, they get shot!

I have had good luck with several different brands and types that I’ve tried but my favorites are the Dan Thompson and Carver. I’ve been using my elk reeds the last two hunts to howl. If you’re on a budget I like the Primos cheap models. I keep a distress call that my friend made in my pack so I always have one with me even in archery seasons.

OP
JLH208

JLH208

WKR
The Verminator Tweety call has been good for me. Really any of their calls have worked well. The Catnip call is another one I've had good luck with. It's a good quiet call to open a stand with. I like an open reed personally for most calling. I've heard good reviews on the Dog Soldier series that came out too.

If your calling to coyotes you already spotted you won't need a loud call.
You had any luck lately?

mcseal2

WKR
I haven't been out much. The times I went we mainly focused on bobcat with the fur season winding down and struck out. I hope to get back out soon. I don't think we have enough cats in the area to blind call. I think I need to do some tracking when we have snow and try to narrow down areas. We don't have any big brush piles that reliably hold them.

Time to say screw the fur and use the big gun on the smart yotes that are left.

Calving is about to start and bring in new coyotes too.

Last edited: