2019 DIY Haul Road Hunt Video

TetonRecon

Lil-Rokslider
I figured this forum would definitely appreciate this video! Details are in the description of the vid. I spent months planning and looking forward to this hunt. What a TRIP! Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to share any knowledge I gained during the whole process.

Last edited:

PGWest

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome video man! Looks like an awesome trip. I have pictures of that same blonde grizz with her two cubs when we were up there in the beginning of August last year!
DSC01495 (2)-1.JPG
DSC01498 (2).JPG

soggybtmboys

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing and congrats! It's incredible country up there, and it has a way of getting into your blood. We are heading to Kodiak this year and can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nice work, did you guys stalk the bigger bulls that you showed in the video early on? That one looked real nice. I spent quite a bit of time up there this past year and didn't see much for the higher end bulls, but we saw a couple. Excited to get up there after Caribou in a few weeks, very fun place to bowhunt. Nice job on your hunt.

OP
TetonRecon

TetonRecon

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work, did you guys stalk the bigger bulls that you showed in the video early on? That one looked real nice. I spent quite a bit of time up there this past year and didn't see much for the higher end bulls, but we saw a couple. Excited to get up there after Caribou in a few weeks, very fun place to bowhunt. Nice job on your hunt.
Those two bulls were absolute heart breakers! We spotted them from the road. They were about 1000 yards out there and there was a giant muskeg swamp between us and them. We had a pack raft, but the possibility of actually getting in front of them just seemed so slim the more we watched how fast they moved. I'm sure by the time we got ready and waded/paddled out there, they would have been miles away. That big bull still haunts my dreams. Good luck on your hunt this year. I'm jealous!

mooster

WKR
nice video. congrats on your hunt. btw, how'd you find the airboat guy? he seemed like a great solution to getting beyond the 5 mile archery zone.

OP
TetonRecon

TetonRecon

Lil-Rokslider
nice video. congrats on your hunt. btw, how'd you find the airboat guy? he seemed like a great solution to getting beyond the 5 mile archery zone.
Deadhorse Outfitters. We just happened to bump into their transport guy on his way to take some hunters to the Prudhoe Bay airport.

Thanks for the great video! How was your experience with Deadhorse Outfitters? They are a relatively new operation having started in 2018. It's definitely good to have another option vs a fly in hunt. Would you use them again if returning for another Caribou hunt in the area?