2019 EXO upgrades??

Pgohil

WKR
What will / has changed for EXO in 2019?

I'm not seeing any information, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Help?

Thanks all,

PD Gohil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
Only thing I’ve heard so far is they’re coming out with a 3000 model. Take a look back in the threads here a few weeks ago someone has some screen shots from a hunting show where they are using them.

HeadnWest

WKR
Mark has said a few times on the EXO FB page that 2019 products most likely won't be ready/ shipping until the summer time. I am not sure when they plan to release the details though, I thought I heard February as well.

Colors

Mark has said a few times on the EXO FB page that 2019 products most likely won't be ready/ shipping until the summer time. I am not sure when they plan to release the details though, I thought I heard February as well.

I have heard that they are working on a prototype for taller frame options. You can also see screenshots of a 3000 from a recent hunt. I am anxious to see the color options this yr. I am a fan of the old foliage and coyote just because its a little more versitile. For a cheaper end hunt bag for deer here in Ga I like camo. For the price of the EXO I prefer to be able to use it throughout the offseason as well for camping, hiking, snowboarding etc.

You certainly can, but do you really wanna be “that guy”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Why can't a guy go camping, hiking, snowboarding, etc. with a camo pack? This always confuses me...

Some people care a lot about what others think of their looks. I've used my Kifaru before while backpacking/hiking etc, and I've bumped into others doing the same. The only downside in my experience is you sometimes might recognize another person who's interested in backcountry hunting and end up have a great conversation (not a downside). Also, there's a number of non-hunting companies making packs/jackets and such in camouflage simply as a style nowadays (especially on the snowboarding side of things).

sneaky

"DADDY"
Because there are areas that you can run into, should we say, extremely passionate anti hunters who WILL say something to you. I see zero need for a camo backpack in all reality. It's also pretty easy to differentiate a hunting camo pattern from a North Face or Burton camo piece. You can do whatever you choose, but at some point expect to be confronted. It's just the way society is headed.
Why can't a guy go camping, hiking, snowboarding, etc. with a camo pack? This always confuses me...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Fashionably speaking, my general rule of thumb is no more than one piece of camo for non hunting activities. I routinely wear a Kuiu rain jacket when Mtn Biking, an Exo pack when backpacking, a guide jacket when snowboarding etc. I’ve never had a negative encounter. I did see a skier recently wearing matching Kuiu head to toe which I thought was a little douchey. (Big fat) Texans on ski vacations routinely wear matching camo head to toe....

Anyway, Sitka Timberlines are the best snowboarding pants on the market, though mine are a solid color. For the most part, if you do activities besides hunting, it only makes sense for your gear to pull double duty. I suppose someone could confront you because you have a 1st Generation Exo pack In sun bleached ASAT that looks cool AF, but what are they going to do besides judge you? They ain’t gonna whoop your ass right there on the trail.... or are they?
Just don’t be that guy that’s all camo head to toe, only talks about hunting and nothing but hunting, and I’m sure you’ll be just fine out there in the world.

On a bikepacking trip on the CO Trail, I was wearing a Kuiu rain jacket because, well, it was raining, and I came across a group of archery hunters with Hillberg tentts who were all matching Kuiu head to toe and they were complete dicks to me even though I was clearly not hunting and could have gave them some beta. I think they primarily didn’t like the fact that another person who happens to hunt was in the area they were hunting. They were in a location that I’m sure looked great on Google Earth, but setting up camp on the CO Trail over Labor Day weekend ain’t exactly asking for solitude. They got all dressed up just to see a bunch of Mtn bikers

PNWflier

FNG
I got into hunting because I was a backpacker and learned that backpacking with a bow/tag and looking for animals was more fun than just backpacking looking for animals. That said I use all most all my hunting gear while backpacking in the summer minus the pack. I don't care about the camo vs. solid color as my rain gear is all camo but hunting packs are made to haul meat. They are 5-8lbs which in the backpacking world is very heavy. My zpacks pack is 18oz, otherwise I would be in solid camo while backpacking the PCT.

87TT

WKR
Camo is my favorite color. If someone doesn't like it, tuff, I generally don't wear camo pants unless I am, have been or am going hunting. But hats, shirts and jackets are good to go. And packs or duffles too