2019 First Lite

Was just told they pulled them off the website because the warehouse wasn't ready to ship yet. BUT I know some guys on the FB group already got theirs. Weird.
Ive heard that those who received them were asked to send them back, if they kept them FL could/would not warranty them.

Either way I appreciated the call and emails telling me what was up. FL.customer service has always been solid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Wow classic First Lite! Seems like every year they have something like this happen.
I along with basically everyone have no idea what the issue is but Would you rather they just send the stuff out anyway and try to deal with whatever the issue is as customers complain/return it? (Theres a thousand companies that do) IMO i would much rather them make a decision like this over profit in order to put out a product that performs as advertised when I receive it. Especially at the prices of hunting clothing! Sadly FL is produced over seas and because of that I'm sure there will always be issues that arise. At least they chose to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I along with basically everyone have no idea what the issue is but Would you rather they just send the stuff out anyway and try to deal with whatever the issue is as customers complain/return it? (Theres a thousand companies that do) IMO i would much rather them make a decision like this over profit in order to put out a product that performs as advertised when I receive it. Especially at the prices of hunting clothing! Sadly FL is produced over seas and because of that I'm sure there will always be issues that arise. At least they chose to fix it.

Ya, that's my point...They should invest more into improving their quality control.

ODB

WKR
Talus is a funny name for gloves. The Talus is the top bone in your foot.

Ben A

FNG
Not all that excited about the 2019 gear. Granted, it's not because it's not quality... more like hard to expand on high quality gear to begin with

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya, that's my point...They should invest more into improving their quality control.

The issue was with the factory. The fabric on the pants that FL tested all fall and finalized was not the fabric the factory used for the “big order” that was selling for retail. The fabric on the bad order had very limited stretch. I was told they’re supposed to arrive before season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Just placed an order for a Brooks...I'm not sure why lol. I will compare it to my Cirrus. The Cirrus has 60g of insulation vs 100g for the Brooks, so I'm optimistic.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Just placed an order for a Brooks...I'm not sure why lol. I will compare it to my Cirrus. The Cirrus has 60g of insulation vs 100g for the Brooks, so I'm optimistic.
If I didnt just recently get the uncompahgre I would have ordered the Brooks as well. I'm happy with the uncompahgre and wont be replacing it but I just might have to get the Brooks in black or brown for around town in winter months here in Montana. I havent seen anything about the Brooks having a designated stuff pocket like the uncompahgre does which is disappointing to me but it's still a sweet cold weather jacket.

Dreilly87

FNG
i just received my Brooks in the mail. Its definitely not as warm as the uncompahgre, but at a fraction of the weight its definitely got a spot on my pack.
On the subject of quality control, that is definitely an issue with my piece. The stitching is a mess, loose threads everywhere and the face fabric has faded blotches. The inner stuff pockets weren't completely stitched up. I'm hoping it's just one that slipped quality control, but its definitely going back for a replacement.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
i just received my Brooks in the mail. Its definitely not as warm as the uncompahgre, but at a fraction of the weight its definitely got a spot on my pack.
On the subject of quality control, that is definitely an issue with my piece. The stitching is a mess, loose threads everywhere and the face fabric has faded blotches. The inner stuff pockets weren't completely stitched up. I'm hoping it's just one that slipped quality control, but its definitely going back for a replacement.

Yeah definitely not right. Give customer service a call.

ChrisAU

WKR
The Brooks I got was perfect, odd. It felt warmer than the Cirrus side by side, so the Cirrus moved down the road. The Sawbuck pant is on the website today. I also got the Alpine Cold Weather Glove and I'm on the fence about them. Certainly warm, I just don't know how much I'd use them.

At the sheep show and snapped some photos for the FL. Some new gloves, couple new pants, new down jacket and the women’s catalyst set.

How is the length on the women's catalyst jacket? It looks really short on their website but it seems to otherwise fit the bill for what my girlfriend needs.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is the length on the women's catalyst jacket? It looks really short on their website but it seems to otherwise fit the bill for what my girlfriend needs.

They’re plenty long for me! I have pretty long arms and they had a little length left. I can take pics when we get home tomorrow

Somebody tell me about this rumored update to the obsidian? Not as baggy like the corrugate. I for one am over the top excited if this creature exists!!!

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
If I didnt just recently get the uncompahgre I would have ordered the Brooks as well. I'm happy with the uncompahgre and wont be replacing it but I just might have to get the Brooks in black or brown for around town in winter months here in Montana. I havent seen anything about the Brooks having a designated stuff pocket like the uncompahgre does which is disappointing to me but it's still a sweet cold weather jacket.

If the brooks using the same face fabric as the uncompahgre It would be a hard pass for me as casual/lifestyle wear. My uncompahgre solid color pieces show every minor smudge, water droplet, smear, and piece of dirt. After just a trip or two out with the wife they start to look disgusting. Great as packable pieces in the field, not so much for a night on the town.

That being said if they had made a brooks version without the turret hood i'd have picked one up. That's one thing I love about my cirrus.