2019 First Lite

spider

FNG
I saw some more mention of hats, i wish there was a flex fit version. I despise adjustable hats because my 6 7/8" head ends up with a pony tail cup on most adjustable hats.

See I have the opposite problem... size 8. It's too bad there isn't some kind of procedure where we could agree to split the difference...

spider

FNG
The s/m flex fits are fine for me, does an 8 noggin take a l/xl?
Lol, flexfit kind of fit somewhat but not great. Generally most anything that is adjustable or "one size fits all" not a great fit for me. For example most snapback hats I can fit in however they sort of make me look like I am wearing a yarmulke with a brim on it.... Usually just go out with a camo bucket hat I found that is extra big

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
Question for anyone who has used the Wick line of products and have a couple of questions. Been eying the wick LS w/ hoody for a while now for early season whitetails and spring turkey, just haven't pulled the trigger for one reason or the other.

• How is durability? Read some reviews that say it might not last a season.
  • How is the fit of the hood? I'd like it to be on the looser side to keep sun and bugs off my neck.
  • How is the fit of the LS? I briefly had a wick SS I bought second hand but it was a little narrow through my chest. Thinking of sizing up.
  • Anything you dislike about it?

NDGuy

WKR
Question for anyone who has used the Wick line of products and have a couple of questions. Been eying the wick LS w/ hoody for a while now for early season whitetails and spring turkey, just haven't pulled the trigger for one reason or the other.

• How is the fit of the hood? I'd like it to be on the looser side to keep sun and bugs off my neck.
  • How is the fit of the LS? I briefly had a wick SS I bought second hand but it was a little narrow through my chest. Thinking of sizing up.
I would look at the Blackovis merino line and save yourself some $$$

NDGuy

WKR
I tried the BO brand but the fit of their tops is very poor for me (tall guy, wide shoulders). The shirts are belly shirts though the pants were fine.
Fair enough I just went down the path of $100 sweatshirts before and I don't think it's worth the money even if they hold up decent.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider

I have the Wick LS Crew -- actually two of them. I can't say I've done a ton of brush busting with it, but have worn it quite a bit over the last year and don't have any holes in it. I wore it ten days straight on a sheep hunt, as a base layer for whitetails and ice fishing in the Midwest, and as my lone layer this spring for turkeys and it's held up great.

For sizing it fit me a little big. I wear size large tops in just about everything but could have gone medium in this one. After a couple washes and dries it fit just about right.

I can't say there's anything I dislike about it, which is why I bought a second!

The wick certainly isn’t a brush buster, but I don’t know what lightweight top would be. I’m terrible with my gear but realize I’m not cranking through scrub oak, why I have the sawbuck pants. As long as you’re aware of this, it’ll last plenty of seasons.

If you think you need to size up, size up, the hood will be loose enough. I run my stuff skin tight and the hood fits just like the body does on me. If I want to medium the hood would definitely be a bit loose.

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I don't plan on doing any crazy brush busting with it but it's inevitable here in MI that i'll encounter some brambles or hawthorn that will try to perforate my gear. Think i'll pick a few up before the season begins though. Thanks!

K7GSXR750

FNG
First post on RS so don't bust my balls on this I didn't have time to read through all 12 pages of comments since I'm at work. Shhhhh don't tell anyone!

I'm making a switch from my old Scentblocker alpha to First lite this year and was trying to find the Catalyst jacket & pants, and the sawtooth jacket & vest on sale or somewhere it has a decent price other than First lite's site. Later I'd like to add the final outer Sancuary jacket & bibs to my system. I went to all merino wool Minus33 brand base, mid & insulating layers 3 years ago and I've slowly been eliminating everything but wool from my layering systems. Thanks for any help guys!

First post on RS so don't bust my balls on this I didn't have time to read through all 12 pages of comments since I'm at work. Shhhhh don't tell anyone!

I'm making a switch from my old Scentblocker alpha to First lite this year and was trying to find the Catalyst jacket & pants, and the sawtooth jacket & vest on sale or somewhere it has a decent price other than First lite's site. Later I'd like to add the final outer Sancuary jacket & bibs to my system. I went to all merino wool Minus33 brand base, mid & insulating layers 3 years ago and I've slowly been eliminating everything but wool from my layering systems. Thanks for any help guys!
Join the fb buy,sell,trade group and keep an eye out for classifieds on rockslide.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chuck44

FNG
Just got my guide pants and soft shell jacket back from the seamstress. Had hip vents with mesh and arm pit vents put in!
86ffd180a6d0672081e62a63c2825279.jpg
18f82231616cc230bf4d5f3660418908.jpg
331792f184f1044175748a917abd8541.jpg
aa2263122787268c30969cff2d18ccce.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Just got my guide pants and soft shell jacket back from the seamstress. Had hip vents with mesh and arm pit vents put in!
86ffd180a6d0672081e62a63c2825279.jpg
18f82231616cc230bf4d5f3660418908.jpg
331792f184f1044175748a917abd8541.jpg
aa2263122787268c30969cff2d18ccce.jpg

Slinger,
How did the hip vents work out? I am looking at doing the same thing with a pair of Timberline Pants and it looks like I have enough space for an 8 in zipper between the belt line and cargo pocket along the existing seam there. How do the vents breathe...curious since they are at a different location and shorter than what I am used to with the KUIU pants. Thanks for your feedback!

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider

Rokslide or Archerytalk classifieds. Get the Tapatalk app and subscribe to the threads so you get updates. Nab gear as it becomes available. Can occasionally find a deal on eBay but it’s hit or miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Slinger,
How did the hip vents work out? I am looking at doing the same thing with a pair of Timberline Pants and it looks like I have enough space for an 8 in zipper between the belt line and cargo pocket along the existing seam there. How do the vents breathe...curious since they are at a different location and shorter than what I am used to with the KUIU pants. Thanks for your feedback!
I have not wore them that much,but when I have wore them out hanging cameras or putting minerals out they have felt very comfortable and seem to move some air thru. They are a little shorter than the kuiu vents due to cargo pocket. Either way I don't think they will be a bad thing to have on my pants and allow some heat to escape. I would do it again if other brands don't start putting vents in

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Here in wester ny we have an abundance of thorns and nasty multiflora rose that rip pants like that to pieces in a hurry. So I tend not to wear my western camo around the farm here.

Those look
I have not wore them that much,but when I have wore them out hanging cameras or putting minerals out they have felt very comfortable and seem to move some air thru. They are a little shorter than the kuiu vents due to cargo pocket. Either way I don't think they will be a bad thing to have on my pants and allow some heat to escape. I would do it again if other brands don't start putting vents in

That’s a great idea! Looks like they will work out great.

matty_p51

FNG
The Brooks I got was perfect, odd. It felt warmer than the Cirrus side by side, so the Cirrus moved down the road. The Sawbuck pant is on the website today. I also got the Alpine Cold Weather Glove and I'm on the fence about them. Certainly warm, I just don't know how much I'd use them.
What size Brooks down jacket did you get and what is your build? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk