2019 First Lite

Bluto

WKR
I’ve been running FL and definitely not changing, just wondering from the more widely experienced where I need to add/shift.

Everything I have has been based on archery hunts. Making my first rifle elk hunt this year in Idaho, first week of November. Obviously anything can happen with weather, but it seems like it would be a little more volatile that time of year as opposed to early Sep arrow slinging.

I run FL boxers, medium weight merino base pants, corrugated guide pants, a llano or aerowool base top, cirrus puffy, heavy merino vest, lightweight gloves. I’m planning on adding a shell for an outermost later - maybe the vapor stormlight. Kiln hoodie or Klamath grid fleece, and the. Hoping that has me set, along with shale gloves and liner.

Am I setting myself up for misery and not enough warmth or is that a sane kit? Was considering catalyst pants for a little extra insulation but my lower body tends to run pretty warm. I actually have yet to ever wear my merino base pants even on the coldest days I’ve hunted (granted, it’s archery season...)

Open to input and ideas.

Jkling12

FNG
Bluto i plan on running the same setup in MT november but have a uncomphadre coat and pants for when I'm glassing. Should be fine

Bluto

WKR
Thanks man. I figured I was close, and trying to avoid puffy AND rain shell AND soft shell.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering if anyone has put some time into the guide lite pants and if tthey quiet down a bit with use/washing? I really like the layout, fit, breathability, and weight of the pants but im going to really struggle to throw them on come opening weekend of the season....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up some of the corrugated guide pants and they arrived, fit well and seem well-made. They do seem quite light-weight and I'm wondering how they'll hold up. I don't plan on any full-blown bushwhacking with them but curious if I'll tear them up in just normal Western plains hunting. I'm a tall guy and they're definitely one of the few shows in town that offers a tall inseam. All the Kuiu stuff seems like I'd be "ready for the flood."

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
I myself was set on starting a new system using First Lite, then they dropped the ASAT....that was the deal breaker for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnboy

WKR
I need help with sizing of the Solitude jacket. I wear a medium Uncompahgre, which fits perfectly. I tried the Sanctuary in medium, and it was tight across the back and slightly short in the sleeves. An up-size to large in the Sanctuary gave me a proper sleeve length, but I was swimming in the rest of the jacket (it's massive). Unfortunately, I missed the return-for-refund window by two days and now have a $560 gift card that I can only spend on First Lite. So I'm going to take a swing at the Solitude set. Any sizing recommendations based on the above info would be appreciated.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I need help with sizing of the Solitude jacket. I wear a medium Uncompahgre, which fits perfectly. I tried the Sanctuary in medium, and it was tight across the back and slightly short in the sleeves. An up-size to large in the Sanctuary gave me a proper sleeve length, but I was swimming in the rest of the jacket (it's massive). Unfortunately, I missed the return-for-refund window by two days and now have a $560 gift card that I can only spend on First Lite. So I'm going to take a swing at the Solitude set. Any sizing recommendations based on the above info would be appreciated.
I dont own the solitude set but i do know that the uncompahgre size is a bit bigger than first lites other pieces. Its been around for a few years and they seem to have kept it the same while they dialed in all their other fitting issue. So if you fit perfectly in a med unc. I would suggest getting large in the solitude.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
How have you guys & gals that own the following pieces been liking them?

-Chamberlain
-New Furnace Merino
-Uncompaghre puff pants

rbljack

WKR
I bought the puffy pant last season and SO glad I had them on my WY elk hunt. We got wind and snow and it was pretty cold the first two nights. I enjoyed having them on while sitting around glassing, and even wore them to bed one cold night in the sleep bag...LOL. ( I didn't have the long johns on the hunt, and only brought the puffy pants). It was a choice of one or the other....I think I made the right choice. I like the fact I can put them on or take them off when I want. With the long johns, you put them on when its cold in the AM, ,and then if it warms up...they are a pain to get off.

I JUST made an order for the brooks down mittens....hoping they will help keep the hands warm and offer a lightweight solution.