2019 Marco Polo and Ibex hunt

ramhunter

FNG
Marco Polo Argili, "The Father and Mother of all Wild Sheep!" Hunted in Tajikistan in Sept, ended up with a great old, heavy broomed ram and a good Ibex. Hunted with Asian Mountain Outfitters, and I can not say enough good about the hunt, the guides, and the staff over there, it was all outstanding! Hunting at 16,000 feet is no joke!

Attachments

• ibex.jpg
    ibex.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Guides and ram.jpg
    Guides and ram.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 442
  • Taj hunt.jpg
    Taj hunt.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 422
Very impressive! Congratulations on some fine trophies and a very memorable experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Man those ibex gotta be the best looking goat in the world. Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

What is it like using camels as pack animals?

Congratulations 🎈🎊🎉🍾 Gorgeous old rams.

This hunt is solidly on my bucket list. At those elevations I’m certainly going to do some hypoxia training prior to the hunt.

How far were the shots and what rifle did you use?

OP
ramhunter

ramhunter

FNG
Congratulations 🎈🎊🎉🍾 Gorgeous old rams.

This hunt is solidly on my bucket list. At those elevations I’m certainly going to do some hypoxia training prior to the hunt.

How far were the shots and what rifle did you use?
350 yds on the Marco, and 700 yds on the Ibex, 7mm Rem Mag with 160gr accubonds

OP
ramhunter

ramhunter

FNG
Man those ibex gotta be the best looking goat in the world. Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

What is it like using camels as pack animals?
Those were wild camels from Afghanistan, we were only a 1/2 mile from the border

Congrat....yeah we hit right at 15,800 one time and I shot my billy in my avatar at 13,000..nothing you can do to get ready for that.i might just go back for Marco Polo..just have some other stuff more pressing at the moment. Congrats on a great sheep and ibex.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.JPG
    IMG_2938.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 122

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
I think it was Bert Klineberger that said high altitude hunting is to be endured not enjoyed.

OP
ramhunter

ramhunter

FNG
Congrat....yeah we hit right at 15,800 one time and I shot my billy in my avatar at 13,000..nothing you can do to get ready for that.i might just go back for Marco Polo..just have some other stuff more pressing at the moment. Congrats on a great sheep and ibex.
Thx! nice Ibex you got as well, shot my Ibex at 16,500....about killed me...lol