2019 Marco Polo and Ibex hunt

SJ-AK

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations on an epic hunt old buddy! I know it has been on your bucket list for a long time!!

Man those are absolutely amazing. You know I've always said that I don't need to leave North America to hunt with everything we have but this makes me seriously wish I had the coin. What an adventure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
Beauty of a ram. Certainly on my dream list for hunts, just a few more I need to knock off in between, and maybe one more through college first before the misses doesn't flip out so much.

What kind of elevation were y'all sleeping at? Carrying a heavy pack even at 12-13k feet is no joke, and I do not sleep as well either over 13k. Have not ever chased after anything but oxygen over 14k, so can only imagine 16k would test endurance for sure.

Congrats, you earned that one.

OP
ramhunter

ramhunter

FNG
Beauty of a ram. Certainly on my dream list for hunts, just a few more I need to knock off in between, and maybe one more through college first before the misses doesn't flip out so much.

What kind of elevation were y'all sleeping at? Carrying a heavy pack even at 12-13k feet is no joke, and I do not sleep as well either over 13k. Have not ever chased after anything but oxygen over 14k, so can only imagine 16k would test endurance for sure.

Congrats, you earned that one.

We stayed in two camps, one was at 14,00 feet and the main camp was 12,000. I never packed anything more than my bino’s, they wouldn’t let me pack anything, not even my rifle, which I was good with…lol
We were on a real hunt, no driving around shooting from trucks, my ram was not too bad, 6 hour hike and 1,500 feet ascent up, the Ibex was another story! We hunted them for 4 days before I got mine, walking from the 14,000 feet camp, we were leaving camp 2-3 hour before daylight with headlamps and walking 5-6 miles one way and 2,000-2,500 feet up each day, it was a tuff test for sure!

idig4au

WKR
I don't know how I missed this thread....I need to spend more time on here.

Excellent trophies. Tajikistan is an amazing place to hunt and place dear to my heart.

Who did you hunt with and out of which camp?

Payaso

FNG
Marco Polo Argili, "The Father and Mother of all Wild Sheep!" Hunted in Tajikistan in Sept, ended up with a great old, heavy broomed ram and a good Ibex. Hunted with Asian Mountain Outfitters, and I can not say enough good about the hunt, the guides, and the staff over there, it was all outstanding! Hunting at 16,000 feet is no joke!
View attachment 131867
That’s awesome. Congrats