2019 moose success

Cody_W

WKR
Great bulls! Planning a DIY out of Anchorage in the next couple of years with a buddy. Glad everything worked out for y’all in the end!

OP
M

mitschkeb

FNG
You mentioned more expensive than you thought....approx how much was it? Fantastic Bulls!!!
Thanks they are better than we expected.
The trip cost us just over $15,500 door to door plus gear we needed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NL cost me at least $10K.. Guide, tips, butcher, shipping, airfare, trophy mounting. Actually it's over $10k now that I have to pay off the wife with a nice xmas present.

OP
M

mitschkeb

FNG
Is that apiece? Or together?
That was per person from what we saw if your planning a trip get every little detail in writing . Once your in the little villages they got you prices start doubling.

Thomas11

WKR
That was per person from what we saw if your planning a trip get every little detail in writing . Once your in the little villages they got you prices start doubling.

That’s nuts! I can’t do that. What transporter did u use?

well, if it makes you feel any better, a lot of guys hunt moose for many a year up here without connecting with a beautiful bull like those.

Thomas11

WKR
well, if it makes you feel any better, a lot of guys hunt moose for many a year up here without connecting with a beautiful bull like those.
I agree! Those are great bulls! I’d be very happy and proud. But I just can’t get and don’t want to pay 15k for a DIY hunt

OP
M

mitschkeb

FNG
I agree! Those are great bulls! I’d be very happy and proud. But I just can’t get and don’t want to pay 15k for a DIY hunt
It definitely can be done for a lot less there were a few places we could have shaved a few thousand off

decrooj

FNG
Great bulls! Congrats! Like the pics. You mentioned you could have shaved of some money....where could/would you save in the future? Also, what was the cost to get the bull from Anchorage to your home? How much meat did you take home?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks they are better than we expected.
The trip cost us just over $15,500 door to door plus gear we needed.

holy hell!!! I guess I take being a resident for granted. Of course I spent more than that on my boat so maybe not.