2019 Mule Deer Semi-Live Rut Hunt

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
Apparently they didn't stay put and we're gone when I got there. I'll have a lot more room to roam when I start deer hunting only.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
IMG_20191110_102026222_HDR.jpg

This was where I started. Deer should have been over the far ridge on skyline. Thank God for gaitors.

I hate barbed wire. Not something you'll here said on most deer hunts
IMG_20191110_111406910_HDR.jpg

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
Walked across BMA this late afternoon planning to hunt BLM but found a hunter in a truck sitting where I planned to glass. Not supposed to drive across BMA and he didn't come in how I did, so not sure how he even got there.

Hiked back to truck and drove to more public and glassed from truck into some cut up country. I found a probable shooter 20 minutes before dark too far to make a play for (approx 1 mile). Couldn't tell all the details but wider than ears and fairly tall.

After looking OnX over I'm afraid he's across the property boundary but I may look for him again tomorrow. I just don't want to waist time on a buck that is unlikely to be on my side of the fence.

No photos this evening. Everything looks the same....snow.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the updates , my season is over so you are keeping me out end of season depression 😂, good luck man ,keep grinding

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I've looked closely now that I'm in hotel and the buck is definitely in a spot that I can hunt. I just hope there are does keeping him there close. I suppose I'll know tomorrow.

Signal isn't good there so probably few updates.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
Two bucks crossed ridge into this. First was a nice one second was a tank. Going to peek in from a couple angles but not going in there unless I see him. Probably going to be a wait and see if they show up. So many holes to hide in.IMG_20191111_131538881_HDR.jpg Damn it's cold, but I'm surviving. Also, the combo of sun and snow is blinding.

204guy

WKR
He's probably packing. I'm trying to decipher all those distinctive landmarks in that last pic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk