2019 Mystery Ranch Packs

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
I see on their site that quite a few items say coming soon, im just wondering if anyone has an idea of when that will be? Im interested in the new sawtooth 45

NDGuy

WKR
I am gonna wait to buy anything until they come out with a little bigger Pop Up style pack. Would be nice to get a pintler sized bag with that style frame.

I am gonna wait to buy anything until they come out with a little bigger Pop Up style pack. Would be nice to get a pintler sized bag with that style frame.

What he said. 45 liters for the win, MR. don’t let us down.

EmperorMA

WKR
Just get a new Sawtooth or Selway. They’re within a few ounces of the Pop Up 28 weight-wise but hold quite a bit more and have a better frame and belt for meat hauling.

OP
Kramer588

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies, i look forward to seeing the reviews, and trying one of these on

Last edited:
I asked them a month or so ago about availability of pop up 28 and the new packs and they said mid Feb and mid March....waiting to see...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
Just wish the GL MT FRAME can be bought separately...but that's another thread

From my query to about frame update

"Thanks for reaching out to Mystery Ranch! The Guide Light MT Frame is only available on hunting packs. At this time, the smallest / lightest pack on this frame is the Sawtooth 45. In 2020, all of the bags that use the Guide Light Frame will be updated to the Guide Light MT Frame, so there will end up being one or two smaller packs that will be compatible with the new frame. Thanks, Patrick"

so to edit my previous post. Spoke with MR today. Beartooth in L/M foliage is expected end of april early may. Pop up 28 in Disolve L/M is expected same time. Pop up 28 in Foliage L/M expected in late May for the M and August for the Foliage.

Pezboat

WKR

"Thanks for reaching out to Mystery Ranch! The Guide Light MT Frame is only available on hunting packs. At this time, the smallest / lightest pack on this frame is the Sawtooth 45. In 2020, all of the bags that use the Guide Light Frame will be updated to the Guide Light MT Frame, so there will end up being one or two smaller packs that will be compatible with the new frame. Thanks, Patrick"

What size frame/belt would you want? I’m strongly considering buying both the Selway and Beartooth. Then I’d sell the extra frame.

Those frames aren’t going to be compatible with existing bags until they get the adaptor kit going.

NDGuy

WKR
Those frames aren’t going to be compatible with existing bags until they get the adaptor kit going.
Kinda pisses me off they changed frames so quickly isn't the GL frame like 2 years old? Kinda screws us that bought in early.

JD619er

WKR
You can just swap buckles until the adaptor kit is available. It won't be real difficult. Also, I'd be surprised if they don't have the adaptor kit available when the new packs come in stock.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
What size frame/belt would you want? I’m strongly considering buying both the Selway and Beartooth. Then I’d sell the extra frame.

Thanks for the offer, but, I'm going to need to actually try it first and have an option to ship it back to get full refund.

I just bought another MR pack> Coulee 40, seems like a nice pack for hiking or camping...while I sort my injury. Hopefully, this will do the job until 2020

Clow44

FNG

I own a Metcalf but am not a fan of the guid lite belt at all. If you do buy both bags I would be interested in buy just the new MT frame from you. I think it is ridiculous that the won't sell the frame separately.

OP
Kramer588

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how big the guide light MT frame is? I see the guide light says 25 inches and i assume the MT will be the same, but im 6'3" so i wanna make sure its not too short if i do go that route.

Does anyone know how big the guide light MT frame is? I see the guide light says 25 inches and i assume the MT will be the same, but im 6'3" so i wanna make sure its not too short if i do go that route.
they are the same size as the guide lite frame. they will have the same varying yoke sizes that can be changed out and adjusted for your height.