2019 ND Youth hunt.

wrkn2hunt

FNG
Another youth hunt in the books. We have one more next year for the youngest in the house. I love these hunts! We started out Making the trek 4.5 hours to the badlands of ND.N1.jpg
Because of a tag I drew in Wyoming for Sept we missed the early youth season and chose to hunt the second weekend of regular season in November. We got to our spot the first day and glassed up some decent bucks and decided to make a play. It was so muddy as the prior weekend had 10" of snow and it had just melted.N2.jpg
Well we covered some ground and after almost shooting the wrong buck he had eluded us. And we continued to hunt for the day but not turning up what we were looking for.N3.jpg
Second day we hunted a different area and found some decent bucks but she was holding for a good one. We finally found one and watched him go into a drain with some does. Time to move!N4.jpg
N5.jpg
We waited for about 2 hours watching a bunch of bucks and does but never saw the one we were after. That wrapped up day two. One more day to go. She was holding strong and finally about 2 hours on our last day we found one. We make the sneak and got within range but grass in the way and moving got us busted. She was so bummed. I said we are about a mile from the truck maybe we can find another, but knowing we were probably done. Low and behold we walked over a hill and here is a buck with 13 does!!! We got ready and she made a perfect 250 yard shot. She was jacked! Now this is not what she was after but with the mud and warm temps we hunted hard and struggled but she got her first mule deer and she was happy to fill the tag.N6.jpg
N7.jpg
She even got to experience a pack out in the dark!

Fowler530

WKR
Congrats to the young lady on her first mule deer!! (y) Always like seeing the young ones getting out and involved!! Great job Dad!! The smiles say it all!! Thanks for posting and sharing!!

He may not be the one she was after but it’s the one she’ll always remember! Congrats!