2019 Sheep "meatpole"

I actually get to post to a thread like this, i am over a week post kill and back at home and still in disbelief. This was a hunt from hell in ways but also a ton of fun and through luck, we had pulled this out of the mountains
View attachment 117566
Appreciate the hard work from the guide both prehunt and during, the hikes we had were memorable to say the least

It was one helluva hunt, that's for sure. It was a pleasure to guide you and happy we had a little luck on our side.

Josh

864f13ec5ea6521e0a28d3de4a1f7a86.jpg

Story coming to a Rokslide near you. She EARNED this ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My vote as well.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
It was one helluva hunt, that's for sure. It was a pleasure to guide you and happy we had a little luck on our side.

Josh
Would recommend anyone that wants a little self abuse and a top notch hunt to Matt and yourself. A shout out to Alaskan Hunting Adventures for sure. Hope to see the second ram pop up here

Best of luck to you on your upcoming hunt, the rams in the TMA don't know what is coming. Now to figure out how to get the vacation days to come up and help pack...:unsure:

Last edited:

Snyd

WKR
That looks more like Heaven than Hell to me!! Congrats!

I actually get to post to a thread like this, i am over a week post kill and back at home and still in disbelief. This was a hunt from hell in ways but also a ton of fun and through luck, we had pulled this out of the mountains
View attachment 117566
Appreciate the hard work from the guide both prehunt and during, the hikes we had were memorable to say the least

Jimbob

WKR
CONGRATS to all the successful hunters. I missed chasing stone sheep this summer and it is killing me looking at these pictures. Nothing compares to sheep, goats are awesome but they are not sheep. I wish I could take off right now and hit the mountains for a few days.

Like mentioned above nothing compares to sheep meat.

JAS04

FNG
I've had a bunch of Alaska ram photos across my phone in the last few days, so I know there is blood on the rocks out there.

HRnbU2v.jpg

Curious to see what's been happening and how the weather treated everyone.

I'll start the bar nice and low so nobody has to be bashful. The area I tried this year was a new one. Got lucky with a narrow four day window between the storms and was in and out with this 32.5" guy before the floods came again A very good hunt that I was quite happy with.

Also due to a shortage of actual meatpoles in the mountains, rocks are allowed. :)

gBjUVOl.jpg
Awesome, congrats!

864f13ec5ea6521e0a28d3de4a1f7a86.jpg

Story coming to a Rokslide near you. She EARNED this ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great ram. I definitely would be proud of her! What's the score if you don't mine me asking?
Sheep hunting is the only one where I say, “why am I doing this to myself” while I am doing it, but immediately scheming a way to do it again as soon as possible! Great ram!
"It's sort of like fun, but different."-Guy volunteering to do medical research on Denali back in the 80's.