2019 Sheep "meatpole"

BAKPAKR

WKR
Twenty-three years of applying for Idaho sheep, some experience gained on the way, a lot of helpful advice from several other people, the sweat of my brother and a few really, really good friends, and more than a few miles on my boots paid off with this nine year old ram.

I used a LH Tikka T3X SL in 6.5 CM, topped with a 3-9 SWFA scope and loaded with 147 Hornady ELD-Ms. The shot was at 417 yds off my crossed trekking poles with my Kifaru Reckoning pack under the buttstock.

Thank you to everyone who helped!

E866309C-1591-4EBA-905F-E121548F3103.jpeg

Twenty-three years of applying for Idaho sheep, some experience gained on the way, a lot of helpful advice from several other people, the sweat of my brother and a few really, really good friends, and more than a few miles on my boots paid off with this nine year old ram.

I used a LH Tikka T3X SL in 6.5 CM, topped with a 3-9 SWFA scope and loaded with 147 Hornady ELD-Ms. The shot was at 417 yds off my crossed trekking poles with my Kifaru Reckoning pack under the buttstock.

View attachment 125428

Freakin awesome ram man, congrats!

View attachment 125428
This is an incredible ram for anywhere, let alone central Idaho where 150-160 types are the norm. AWESOME!!!!

I know nothing about sheep but the body on that ram and face look huge. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
being my first sheep, I don't know a ton either. The guides did comment on how huge the ram was. It was a challenge to take a photo where the body and head size made the horns looks as big as they were.

View attachment 125428

Absolutely gorgeous ram and photo. Huge congrats to you man! It was worth the wait I am sure!

being my first sheep, I don't know a ton either. The guides did comment on how huge the ram was. It was a challenge to take a photo where the body and head size made the horns looks as big as they were.

I saw the pics Jonah or Skyler put up with your ram and moose skulls together and I have to admit that the horns looked bigger when not attached to that pig of a sheep. Looks like a hell of a trip, that moose is a TANK too!

[/QUOTE]

View attachment 125428

Beautiful. So happy for you brother. Please do a trip report or at least PM me with the story.

MadMarkie

FNG
What a ram BAKPAKR! I hope to be posting here in a couple months with a similar success story.... waiting 20+ years is hard, but it seems to have been worth it for you!

I had no idea when I started this thread just how many rams I'd be seeing. A solid collection of sheep from all over north america and from a wide variety of hunting methods.

Very cool to see the happenings of the different hunters from not only Alaska, but from around the world. Never thought I'd have the itch to hunt a bighorn, but after a few of the pics on this thread, I've got the fever.

August can't come soon enough!
rqIr6Us.jpg