2019 Sheep "meatpole"

ID_MW

FNG
Twenty-three years of applying for Idaho sheep, some experience gained on the way, a lot of helpful advice from several other people, the sweat of my brother and a few really, really good friends, and more than a few miles on my boots paid off with this nine year old ram.

I used a LH Tikka T3X SL in 6.5 CM, topped with a 3-9 SWFA scope and loaded with 147 Hornady ELD-Ms. The shot was at 417 yds off my crossed trekking poles with my Kifaru Reckoning pack under the buttstock.

Thank you to everyone who helped!

View attachment 125428
Yessir-Solid ram. If that’s the area I believe you are in, that’s about as big as they get, and pretty close to the river for this time of year as well. Double bonus.
nice work, man.
I am super jealous. I have been putting in for 11 years, but probably won’t ever draw. Idaho is getting pretty sad with the “growth” so it is even cooler you finally got your tag.

Wow, beautiful snow sheep! which outfitter did you hunt with?
Thanks. Did a bunch of research prior to booking including chatting with SCI and GSCO friends who had previously done this kind of trip. Had dialogue with about a dozen outfitters, but quickly narrowed it down to Vladimir Koshcheev or Max Vorobiev. After face-to-face discussions at US shows I booked with Max (Professional Russian Outfitters). Had a great experience. They were a lot of fun in camp but tough/dedicated guides. Would have no hesitation to hunt with them again. Here is a pic of the ram who was with the one I shot - a very nice shooter as well.
95212252-992D-439F-924B-8882871CEEDC.jpeg

After 31 years of applying my Friend Mike finally drew a Colorado S34 Archery Ram tag. He punched it on day 7 of the hunt. His Ram took one last leap off of a cliff and into an avalanche chute. He did break off his tips and smashed his face. By far the most amazing hunt that I have ever been apart of. Ton of respect for these amazing animals and the Hunters that pursue them. Public land DIY hunt. Vega imagejpeg_0(12) (1).jpg

BuzzH

WKR
Day before yesterday, Wyoming...26 days hunting, 62nd ram.

9.5 years old.

IMG_3278.JPG

lonedave

WKR
I don't see many girls on this thread, so here's a Washington State ewe from Cleman Mountain I got on Friday. 45 caliber T/C Seneca from about 45 - 50 yards. I was lucky enough to draw my ram tag for this unit in 2014. I've been wondering how many guys have been lucky enough to have drawn both a ram and ewe tag in this state...can't be too many!130887

slick

WKR
Right on! She’ll eat. I shot a ewe in MT and I thought the meat was great. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
Most of the Desert hunts have not even started. We have more to look forward to seeing.

Geetar

FNG
I don't see many girls on this thread, so here's a Washington State ewe from Cleman Mountain I got on Friday. 45 caliber T/C Seneca from about 45 - 50 yards. I was lucky enough to draw my ram tag for this unit in 2014. I've been wondering how many guys have been lucky enough to have drawn both a ram and ewe tag in this state...can't be too many!View attachment 130887
Congrats! An awesome achievement. I haven’t ever taken an animal with a sidelock muzzleloader but it’s on my list.