2019 Sitka? Anyone have the inside scoop?

Do they look any different from what you can see compared to last years? Mainly curious about Gaiters
I will check tomorrow if I remember when I have the catalog in front of me, but if I remember correctly the Cloudburst was marked as “New” and Stormfront gaiters were not. Could be wrong. I didn’t notice any visual differences from the wee little pics.

I’d suggest giving Sitka a call, they’ve always been very helpful over the phone when I’ve called.

Trial153

WKR
I think they had some “fit” issues...

Will be interested as I used the 2018 version on two hunts last year. Thought they were an improvement over the older version and I didnt ever break out my ORs this winter running hounds.

I think they had some “fit” issues...

I’ll call and ask tomorrow. Interesting you heard about that. Makes me curious.

I will check tomorrow if I remember when I have the catalog in front of me, but if I remember correctly the Cloudburst was marked as “New” and Stormfront gaiters were not. Could be wrong. I didn’t notice any visual differences from the wee little pics.

I’d suggest giving Sitka a call, they’ve always been very helpful over the phone when I’ve called.

I know they are upgrading to Pro shell fabric and the dewpoint stuff is being discontinued. My guess the cloudburst will be the lighter duty proshell and the stormfront will be the thick stuff. I’ve heard rumour of the stormfront having doubled ankles and butt area for extra durability.

I wondered why they didn’t do that years ago. The hunting gore tex is years behind the mountaineering side of things in terms of fabrics and construction. I had pro shell in arc teryx jackets 10 years ago

Will be interested as I used the 2018 version on two hunts last year. Thought they were an improvement over the older version and I didnt ever break out my ORs this winter running hounds.

I’m curious. I used the thunderheads last year but I realized I wanted the tallest most bombproof Gaiters over brushed face for the area I’m primarily using them.

I know they are upgrading to Pro shell fabric and the dewpoint stuff is being discontinued. My guess the cloudburst will be the lighter duty proshell and the stormfront will be the thick stuff. I’ve heard rumour of the stormfront having doubled ankles and butt area for extra durability.

I wondered why they didn’t do that years ago. The hunting gore tex is years behind the mountaineering side of things in terms of fabrics and construction. I had pro shell in arc teryx jackets 10 years ago
Here's the best I can do from the small images in the catalog. As you can see, both the Cloudburst jacket and Stormfront gaiters are marked as new. There is no description in the catalog unfortunately.

1552396597978.png
1552396632447.png

Got the inside scoop on some stormfront info.

Jacket and pants are got re-designed. They have less pockets and are a lighter weight design. Upgraded to Proshell fabric. Finally!

Stormfront gaiter is getting a new buckle and is getting longer in length so it stays over top of your calf better.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone know what the traverse pants are?
I posted pics and a description in a couple of other Sitka threads. Retail is gonna be $149 not $169, what the reps told me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted pics and a description in a couple of other Sitka threads. Retail is gonna be $149 not $169, what the reps told me

Your right it's so much easier to go look up your description elsewhere when to have you repeat yourself here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Your right it's so much easier to go look up your description elsewhere when to have you repeat yourself here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Maybe I should post another description in your Skre thread. As a matter of fact, I posted the info in a thread he started weeks ago, but whatever. Thanks for the constructive comment.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Traverse pant looks similar to the old ascent pants.

baeloth

FNG
what pieces do people like for Colorado archery season. I have some older 90% pants and jacket, that work real well 90% of the time. They are a little warm sometimes. I've been thinking about the ascent pieces, but am worried they are too lite for the mornings and evenings. any ideas?