2019 Sitka? Anyone have the inside scoop?

Trial153

WKR
what pieces do people like for Colorado archery season. I have some older 90% pants and jacket, that work real well 90% of the time. They are a little warm sometimes. I've been thinking about the ascent pieces, but am worried they are too lite for the mornings and evenings. any ideas?
Apex ...

what pieces do people like for Colorado archery season. I have some older 90% pants and jacket, that work real well 90% of the time. They are a little warm sometimes. I've been thinking about the ascent pieces, but am worried they are too lite for the mornings and evenings. any ideas?
The Ascent pants for me were perfect last year with a merino base layer in early September. I don't have the Ascent shirt but would definitely be interested in adding it without any hesitation.

baeloth

FNG
thanks for both of the replies. i was thinking the core lite hoody mightvbe good butvthe apex sounds better. maybe ascent pants and an apex hoody. the apex pants sound too much like my 90% pants.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone know whats coming this year? I need to pickup a few things, but hate to pick it up now and something shiny and new come out!

We have all of the 2019 Sitka Gear available to pre-order today for Subalpine and Open Country. We tried to include as much information on the product pages as possible. There were a lot of styles with updates this year, along side several new products. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Pre-orders will ship late April.

OP
B
Has anyone laid hands on the kelvin active hoody? I love my active jacket, but am curious about the active hoody and why they did the short sleeves...

Trial153

WKR
Has anyone laid hands on the kelvin active hoody? I love my active jacket, but am curious about the active hoody and why they did the short sleeves...
Supposed to fit over the apex without interfering with the elbow pads

I fondled one. It is a bit odd. Seems to mimic some athletic apparel sports gear my kids wear. Sleeveless hoodies, short sleeve jackets and what not.

My quick take = Short sleeves. No liner. Super light, super specialized piece of kit for someone looking for the barest minimum weight to warmth.

A bit of a weird one to me. I think the no liner thing is going to be a bad idea. I can see that thing filling up with pine needles and what not after some use.

My $0.02 - I like the kelvin active and wish they would have (1) added a hood or (2) done a straight vest with or without hood.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
New Traverse pants. They slot in nicely between the Ascent pants and the mountain pants. Way cheaper than the Apex pants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I fondled one. It is a bit odd. Seems to mimic some athletic apparel sports gear my kids wear. Sleeveless hoodies, short sleeve jackets and what not.

My quick take = Short sleeves. No liner. Super light, super specialized piece of kit for someone looking for the barest minimum weight to warmth.

A bit of a weird one to me. I think the no liner thing is going to be a bad idea. I can see that thing filling up with pine needles and what not after some use.

My $0.02 - I like the kelvin active and wish they would have (1) added a hood or (2) done a straight vest with or without hood.
The climbing community has been using the Alpha direct insulation in a lot of their gear. I just bought a Rab Alpha Freak pullover that is what the Active hoody should be. A long sleeve version with a hood. The elbow pad logic is ridiculous. Those things were the first thing I took out of my Apex hoody. The direct insulation won't collect anymore debris than a regular fleece layer will, and that stuff breathes even better than the Active jacket does. I can wear the Rab pullover and throw the active jacket over that and be set. Oh.... the Rab was a hundred bucks cheaper and has sleeves. You can get them a lot of places with 20% off and it makes it half the price of the Bill Bellichik designed Active Hoody.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
I think the sleeve-less idea was also to reduce bulk on your forearms for bowhunting.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When do you think the weights for each piece will be listed?
Thanks

I spoke with our Sitka rep yesterday and they should have the remaining missing weights available for me to update our site by the end of the week. If we don't hear from them by then we will go ahead and weigh the products ourselves.

Awesome. Thank you
I spoke with our Sitka rep yesterday and they should have the remaining missing weights available for me to update our site by the end of the week. If we don't hear from them by then we will go ahead and weigh the products ourselves.

Thanks Scott! Question about a couple of the items. What would you say the Traverse Pants are comparable to in other brands? Are they light and breathable?
Also, the new Mountain Jacket. With it's brushed face, do you think it would be suitable for a jacket for moderate brush? I would love to find a jacket to compete with my Corrugate Jacket that adds more wind resistance.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Scott! Question about a couple of the items. What would you say the Traverse Pants are comparable to in other brands? Are they light and breathable?
Also, the new Mountain Jacket. With it's brushed face, do you think it would be suitable for a jacket for moderate brush? I would love to find a jacket to compete with my Corrugate Jacket that adds more wind resistance.

The Traverse Pants are similar to First Lite's Corrugate Guide pants, and I would say they are light and breathable as well.

The Mountain Jacket would be perfect for what you're looking for and feature's GORE-TEX INFINIUM with WINDSTOPPER.

The Traverse Pants are similar to First Lite's Corrugate Guide pants, and I would say they are light and breathable as well.

The Mountain Jacket would be perfect for what you're looking for and feature's GORE-TEX INFINIUM with WINDSTOPPER.

Thanks Scott. From your initial impression, how well do you think the Mountain Jacket will hold up to brush busting and snags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
Does that new kelvin hoody fall in between the kelvin light hoody and the kelvin down? Do you know the weight by chance?