2019 Sitka? Anyone have the inside scoop?

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Scott. From your initial impression, how well do you think the Mountain Jacket will hold up to brush busting and snags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the new 2-Way stretch brushed polyester on it and from me playing around with it in the shop I would say it will hold up just fine.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Does that new kelvin hoody fall in between the kelvin light hoody and the kelvin down? Do you know the weight by chance?

I would say it's closer to the Kelvin Down. The Kelvin Hoody weighs in at 1 lb 6.9 oz

When do you think the weights for each piece will be listed?
Thanks

I still haven't heard anything from our Sitka Rep on the missing weights. I went ahead and weighed the remaining products this morning. Here's the short list that didn't have weights on our site previously:

Flash Shelter 10x12 - 2 lb 1.5 oz
Flash Shelter 8x10 - 1 lb 10.5 oz
Kelvin Active Hoody - 10.6 oz
Kelvin Hoody - 1 lb 6.9 oz
Traverse Pant - 15.9 oz
Women's CORE Active Tank - 7.1 oz
Women's Merino CORE Lightweight Bottom - 5.3 oz
Women's Merino CORE Lightweight Hoody - 5.3 oz

Weights are for size Large or 32R

Thank you

I would say it's closer to the Kelvin Down. The Kelvin Hoody weighs in at 1 lb 6.9 oz

I still haven't heard anything from our Sitka Rep on the missing weights. I went ahead and weighed the remaining products this morning. Here's the short list that didn't have weights on our site previously:

Traverse Pant - 15.9 oz

How does the new Stormfront glove compare to the Coldfront glove? They look pretty similar now that the cuff on the Stormfront is much shorter.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How does the new Stormfront glove compare to the Coldfront glove? They look pretty similar now that the cuff on the Stormfront is much shorter.

They look similar in pictures, but they are completely different in person.

Personally I will be getting rid of my Cold fronts and run the new Stormfront gloves. The Stormfront gloves have a Gore-Tex shell so the liner is removable just like the blizzard mittens. The Stormfronts have been completley re-done for 2019

Last edited:

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Scott,
Do you have any idea on when the new sitka elevated fanatic gear will be available? I would like to see the new daypack too.

In June, Elevated II and Waterfowl pre-orders start, and should ship out July. Unfortunately we're sold out of the new Mountain 2700 day pack. We should have some more in soon to get a product video done.

Traverse Pant - 15.9 oz

What is included in the weight of the shelters? Canopy, pole, guy line, stakes?

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What is in the sack? I thought they had advertised the 8.5x10 at around 16 ounces so I'm just curious if that was off or if there is a bunch of other goodies in the sack.

The sack includes the shelter and the tethers. Where did you see the 16 oz posted? I could see that being the weight for the shelter on it's own.

The sack includes the shelter and the tethers. Where did you see the 16 oz posted? I could see that being the weight for the shelter on it's own.

I got the 16 oz from this thread/video.
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/new-tarps-from-sitka-gear.118566/#post-1130481

100' of 2.7mm guy line weighs 5.8 ounces. If they have 100' of guyline (a lot) and 10 stakes included (roughly 0.5 ounce each), the weight makes sense. Otherwise that is a pretty hefty tarp.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got the 16 oz from this thread/video.
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/new-tarps-from-sitka-gear.118566/#post-1130481

100' of 2.7mm guy line weighs 5.8 ounces. If they have 100' of guyline (a lot) and 10 stakes included (roughly 0.5 ounce each), the weight makes sense. Otherwise that is a pretty hefty tarp.

So the first time I weighed this I used a travel luggage scale and hung it from the cardboard packaging. I re-weighed it today with and with out packaging on a different scale and took pictures below for reference.

The new weight I got without retail packaging is 1 lb 3 oz. Hope that helps clear things up a little more.