2019 Spring Bear Success Thread

I finally connected with this old boar I've been hunting for the past 5 years! I finally figured out that he was circling downwind before he came in to my bait and then he was flanking where I sat to see if I was there. So I moved location one evening when the wind changed and I knew he couldn't get downwind. I caught him flanking my old sitting spot and that was the end. In 5 years this was only the 2nd time I ever got a glimpse of him in person. My first bear.20190528_111157.jpg20190528_111425.jpg20190528_111851.jpg

sroemmich

I finally connected with this old boar I've been hunting for the past 5 years! I finally figured out that he was circling downwind before he came in to my bait and then he was flanking where I sat to see if I was there. So I moved location one evening when the wind changed and I knew he couldn't get downwind. I caught him flanking my old sitting spot and that was the end. In 5 years this was only the 2nd time I ever got a glimpse of him in person. My first bear.View attachment 103650View attachment 103651View attachment 103652
Great bear, way to go!

The Savage Rabbit

I finally connected with this old boar I've been hunting for the past 5 years! I finally figured out that he was circling downwind before he came in to my bait and then he was flanking where I sat to see if I was there. So I moved location one evening when the wind changed and I knew he couldn't get downwind. I caught him flanking my old sitting spot and that was the end. In 5 years this was only the 2nd time I ever got a glimpse of him in person. My first bear.View attachment 103650View attachment 103651View attachment 103652
Those are fantastic photos. Love the bear's color.

OP
Michnal243

Michnal243

We need Jeff Lusk to post up so pics of his bear. Brian Call has the whole bear hunt posted on his YouTube @ this link
. It’s my favorite spring bear hunt that I’ve seen yet.