2019 Succesful Brooks Range Caribou DIY

Thanks! That's per person.
$2745 for the air service & right at $1000 for license and tag.

All other expenses were:

-Commercial flights, Houston to Fairbanks, then Fairbanks to Bettles and the return trip (plus luggage fees).
Hotel stay in Fairbanks. Not that it can't be done, but I wouldn't recommend trying to get to Bettles or a remote destination in AK on the same day as a commercial flight, so a hotel stay is necessary.

-The cost to mail gear there and back

-Meat processing and shipping ($400)

-Getting capes tanned and sent home

You could definitely shave off a few dollars here and there but the bulk of our expense was mostly tied to what kind of deal we could get for flights and then paying to ship or fly with excess weight.
nice trip!

Ono

FNG
Great job on this. Still blows my mind that it would be $6,500 DIY per person. That would pay for a Trophy elk/deer combo wilderness hunt with guides, horses, and hot meals in the lower 48. Still worth it, sounds like
Worth it. Don't see too many musk ox in elk country and its one hell of an adventure.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TAGPUNCHER

Lil-Rokslider
Is the air service fee normally split or is that rate at per person? Thank you I have learned a lot on these threads. Trying to get my DUCKS in a row for 2023.

Ono

FNG
Is the air service fee normally split or is that rate at per person? Thank you I have learned a lot on these threads. Trying to get my DUCKS in a row for 2023.
Air service is per person. Not cheap.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk