2019 WNC Whitetail

Rokbar

WKR
New to the site and thought I would show my public land buck from this past season. With bad weather the last week of our rifle season, the access road to where we normally hunt was closed. I had found a bike trailer so I was able to put it to good use. I found this buck chasing does while glassing about 1500 yards away. After about an hour I was able to close the distance to 450 yards . Still had to pack him about a 1/3 of a mile but well worth the haul.

Last edited:

ctmillwo

FNG
I live on the east coast of North Carolina, any recommendations for coming out west to setup a camp and public land hunt over the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rokbar

WKR
I live on the east coast of North Carolina, any recommendations for coming out west to setup a camp and public land hunt over the weekend?

There are tons of public lands in the western part of the state. But, it's getting very crowded in lot of places with the hikers. The forest service is starting to get pretty strict on road side camping because of the crowds. But there still are designated sites. Backpacking is basically anywhere over 1000 ft. from roads unless posted otherwise. Unfortunately in my area there isn't as many newer cuts as there is on to the far western counties. Now, state land there is (Cold mt., Green river etc.). Lots of gated logging rds. to bike or walk. There aren't as many deer as there once was on Game lands, but I'm finding 120" +/- are very doable. Thanks for all the welcomes!

ctmillwo

FNG
There are tons of public lands in the western part of the state. But, it's getting very crowded in lot of places with the hikers. The forest service is starting to get pretty strict on road side camping because of the crowds. But there still are designated sites. Backpacking is basically anywhere over 1000 ft. from roads unless posted otherwise. Unfortunately in my area there isn't as many newer cuts as there is on to the far western counties. Now, state land there is (Cold mt., Green river etc.). Lots of gated logging rds. to bike or walk. There aren't as many deer as there once was on Game lands, but I'm finding 120" +/- are very doable. Thanks for all the welcomes!

I’m just looking for the Opportunity to step out with the bow and put reps in. Practice the whole process of camping, hiking, locating game etc. thank you!

Lowg08

WKR
I thought so. I hunt up the river myself. Lol. My dad has for years. I’m a river rat myself