2020 4th rifle Colorado unit 11

I'm coming from out of town to hunt 4th rifle in unit 11 this year. Looking for any advice or tips on the area. I'm very familiar with elk hunting, but have never hunted in late November. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wildcat33

WKR
Only two things you need to know 1) Bring tire chains unless you are a swamp buster, 2) get away from the roads and glass. Other than that its just elk hunting in (likely) cold weather.

OP
J
Only two things you need to know 1) Bring tire chains unless you are a swamp buster, 2) get away from the roads and glass. Other than that its just elk hunting in (likely) cold weather.
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Any info on the accuracy of the migration paths on CO fish and game or OnX? Trying to narrow down some starting points

OP
J
My only advice would be to go to the White River Bakery in Meeker and try the White River French Toast. Then let out a notch on your belt.
Hahah actually great advice. Thank you !! Love a good bakery tip

wildcat33

WKR
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Any info on the accuracy of the migration paths on CO fish and game or OnX? Trying to narrow down some starting points

That's as good a starting point as any. Your luck will hinge on high country snow pushing them towards winter range. If it sounds like Gettysburg in one particular direction, that's probably where the herd is coming through!

OP
J
That's as good a starting point as any. Your luck will hinge on high country snow pushing them towards winter range. If it sounds like Gettysburg in one particular direction, that's probably where the herd is coming through!
Yeah I’ve heard that weather advice a bunch- hoping the snow cooperates. Thinking about trying to go North of the 40 to start with. See how that works. Thanks a bunch for the info