2020 Alberta or Saskatchewan whitetail recommendations

163bc

FNG
I’m an avid lifelong whitetail nut. I love being in country that holds the big boys. I’m looking for an outfitter or lease in Alberta or Saskatchewan that offers a fair and reasonable chance to tag a monster. I don’t mind roughing it a bit. i just want to be in the best whitetail country possible for the big guys. Recommendations?

OTTER CREEK - Saskatchewan

PM me if you want the owners cell number Ron Lavoie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Dean Partridges outfit kills some dandys. I believe they have been outfitting for 2-3yrs now.
I live on the AB/SK border. I am an Alberta resident and hunt in Alberta. The deer hunting is decent right now, but not like it used to be.
With that said I own a lake lot in SK.
If it were me I would be hunting with an outfitter in the Meadow Lake Provincial Park. Any of the outfitters in the Goodsoil, Loon Lake, Makwa or Meadow Lake area.
As for outfitters your going to need to call some references etc and see who will accommodate you and your hunting style best.
Just be aware you wont see 50 deer a day in this area like say Montana, Texas etc but this area truly has monster whitetails that dreams are made of.
When the rut is on you never know whats going to walk out.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Another thing to keep in mind, Dont be scared to call an outfitter who has a dated, sub par website. Lots of the "Old Boys" lifetime outfitters of northern saskatchewan will have a good client base of repeat customers. Most of them arent concerned with having a fancy, updated website or instagram page. Lots of them get 8-12 repeat clients a year and are happy with that.

OP
163bc

163bc

FNG
Thank you for the replies. I love hunting there. only been one time but that outfitters is changing ownership and there seems to be some issues so I thought I’d find something more stable.

OP
163bc

163bc

FNG
OTTER CREEK - Saskatchewan

PM me if you want the owners cell number Ron Lavoie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for the reply. I’d love to have the phone number. I guess I don’t have enough posts yet to send you a pm?

OP
163bc

163bc

FNG
does anyone know anything about theses guys??

western trophy outfitters
great grey outfitters

Thank you

mmanincor

Lil-Rokslider
does anyone know anything about theses guys??

western trophy outfitters
great grey outfitters

Thank you
I don't know about them, but I do know and have hunted years ago with "Makwa River Outfitters" from Meadow Lake Saskatchewan. Check out Kathy's website. Good Luck, Mark

hands down Sask over alberta. While we do have lots of big bucks in alberta, sask is better. I grew up on the Alberta\Sask border and still hunt that area. As mentioned above, Dean Partidge with Canadian Whitetail Outfitters is the best. They are pricey, but hands down the best. Their track record is second to none. I know the NW sask area well. Avoid places around Loon Lake/St Walburg, area has been way over hunted. Area up around Meadow Lake, Meadow Lake Provincial Park, Goodsoil, Dorintosh is one of the best.

oldguns

FNG
Following this post closely...totally respect the opinions of Alberta/Saskatchewan residents...totally agree with certain areas/zones being way over hunted

Laker

FNG
Martineau River Outfitters. Pierceland Sask. 30+ years in operation. Do not believe he has a website. His track record is second to none.

MrRogers

FNG
Any other great outfitters to add to this list? Will be looking to book a hunt for me and my brother for 2023. Thanks
I've never hunted with Brad Fry, but after watching some of his YouTube videos he would be high on my list.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Ive went with Mikes Outfitting in alberta and got a nice whitetail and mule deer. I see hes been taking some real nice whitetail the last few years.