2020 archery spring bear video

Finally got a chance to put together some footage from my 2020 spring bear. Smallest bear I've ever killed but by far the toughest physically and ironically the most delicious...not exactly sure how much stock I put into the whole adrenaline dump = "gamey" theory after sampling this bear. Wish I had taken the opportunity to get some close up footage while it was in the tree but I'm just glad I remembered to hit record on my GoPro for once :LOL:

Enjoy!

4rcgoat

WKR
Great video,thanks for sharing. Been kicking around the idea to start doing some spring bear hunting (archery). Went up this spring but there was a little too much snow on the mountain, couldn't get to where i would have liked. I want to go spot and stalk vs. tree stand. My biggest fear is not putting the arrow where it needs and having a miserable tracking job.

OP
BackcountryBloodline
Great video,thanks for sharing. Been kicking around the idea to start doing some spring bear hunting (archery). Went up this spring but there was a little too much snow on the mountain, couldn't get to where i would have liked. I want to go spot and stalk vs. tree stand. My biggest fear is not putting the arrow where it needs and having a miserable tracking job.
Tracking is my least favorite part, thankfully more often than not in my experience they've gone less than 20 yards. Bears don't like to bleed much even on good hits so that is something to consider when looking at an opportunity on the edge of thick timber at last light. That said, spot and stalk archery spring bear is one of my favorite hunts, I'll take that over a tree stand or long range rifle hunting any day.

Edit: one thing I've always taken into consideration when bow hunting bears is the cutting diameter of my broadhead...I want as wide of a cut as possible for bears, ideally 3 blades. Don't shy away from big mechanicals if you're shooting over 60/28, bears are fairly easy to punch through.