2020 Beast the Color of Winter in the Winter

A few days post return from chasing Mountain Goats in North Coastal BC and thought I'd share a couple pictures.

The hunt was filmed and I'll be sharing the story on the Beyond The Kill podcast, which I will post links to in this thread as they come available.

This is my first personal Billy and one that will be etched in my memory forever... not sure I'll be able to look at another early season goat again.

On another note, if anyone has pictures of some nice lifesize bedded goats, please post or send them over. Looking for ideas on bringing this guy back to life.

Podcast:

87663612_2785058008267918_7458064109385285632_n.jpgGoattape.jpg

Last edited:
A few days post return from chasing Mountain Goats in North Coastal BC and thought I'd share a couple pictures.

The hunt was filmed and I'll be sharing the story on the Beyond The Kill podcast, which I will post links to in this thread as they come available.

This is my first personal Billy and one that will be etched in my memory forever... not sure I'll be able to look at another early season goat again.

On another note, if anyone has pictures of some nice lifesize bedded goats, please post or send them over. Looking for ideas on bringing this guy back to life.

View attachment 157896View attachment 157897
Congrats on the GOAT! How did you like that rifle? What caliber is it?

OP
Porthunter
Congrats on the GOAT! How did you like that rifle? What caliber is it?

That rifle is a 6.5-300. I didn't actually use it to take the goat, I used a rifle I've spent a lot of time behind as it was a pretty far shot.

I did how ever pack that rifle for a bit and it was a treat to have on the pack, very sleek.