2020 Best Bull Elk Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laramie

WKR
SW Montana? rifle season doesn't open till the 10/24.... and i am pretty sure you are not in a wilderness if you killed it in an alfalfa patch... what's the story?
This question could have been asked with a bit more respect...smh. At a minimum, if you are going to question someone's harvest legality, at least take the time to look into the regulations prior to posting it for the world to see. To Dust Rider, congrats on a nice bull!

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Weapons restricted area 309. Read the regs.
I apologize. I never new you could hunt early in the weapons restricted area around Bozeman, and frankly never looked at 309 because I don't have access to private property in the area. Congrats on your elk!!!

PRH

FNG
View attachment 212699
*Didn’t realize we had a youth thread going so I posted/moved this over there as it seemed more appropriate.

First of many more hunts with my 5 year old daughter.

This bull was taken on a ranch that I guide on here in CO that has a population problem so the CPW offers early bull hunts.
Nothing better than hunting with your daughter! Great pic.

My daughter with her first bull
aa6be3ea75b143bdece745e0ed66bbd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
wow some real nice elk here! but cmon guys, STORIES! private v public, diy vs guide, how many miles in, how many days hunting, spot & stalk or posted, how far was the shot, etc etc!!

Scooter37

FNG
My son with his bull from this years outing. Public land DIY. Walking your butt off pays dividends. Nice bull gave himself away with a faint bugle we heard through the whipping wind while he was rounding up all his cows 10-16-2020. Hard to pick out the sound around all the burned timber creaking and groaning in the wind but sure glad we took one more look in this basin. Nerve wracking to have trees snapping and falling through out the afternoon and night as the wind picked up.
4DE3D09F-0F00-4D2E-94E3-F2A7F71E9EE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.