2020 Best Whitetail Buck Hunt Photo, Sponsored by First Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
2/17/21 Update: Entry thread is closed and finalist list is up. Please vote there by February 28th https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...photo-contest-sponsored-by-first-lite.207917/

Hey Roksliders,
First Lite has stepped up again for the 2020 contest. First Lite has a several complete lines of Whitetail performance clothing in their Sanctuary and Solitude lines (including women's pieces in the Sanctuary).

For this year's contest, winner will receive the Jacket and Bib from the Solitude line, valued at over $600! Here's a short video on the line:

@TBoschma took the gold in last year's contest with this great photo:
TBoschma.jpg

First Lite has quite a few other pieces from their Whitetail Line. See it all here

Once you're done drooling, why not try and win that Jacket & Bib in our annual Best Whitetail Hunt Photo contest?

Contest is simple:

This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2020 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that we mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? Or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunter's head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a buck harvested in 2020 (or by January 15th, 2021)

5) Between archery season and January 15th, post up your best 2020 harvest photo on this thread (don't know how to post pics? Click here )

6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter
your photo of your buck. One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and First Lite use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2019 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for, click
here

Last edited:

CajunLab

FNG
837bb6ff664188b32e57bd7a4e18b1f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider

We have always done our own processing so it was not hung with a scale. Any number given would only be a guess. He was big and heavy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
This is my 8yrs old daughters first deer taken with a crossbow on Oct 3rd. I think this was my favorite pic cause you can see it sinking in. She hunted hard last year under the mentor youth tag in michigan had close calls but didn't happen. She says she had been waiting her whole life for this! She got to experience a lot of hunts in one on this one the story is way better then the pic but I think that's for another page

Attachments

• 20201004_124501.jpg
    20201004_124501.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 120

rjw4

FNG
My 8 year old niece and her first deer. She made a great shot with her new .243 and he didn't go much more than 60 yards. That smile doesn't begin to show how excited she was to put her hands on that deer.

Attachments

• 20201011_192152.jpg
    20201011_192152.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.