2020 Bowtech

The Bowtech Revolt X in Woodlands looks so good...

RevoltX-Profile-Woodlands.jpg

Can someone confirm that the deadlock cams don't have comfort or performance modes?

Looks like basically realm/realm x form and function but with deadlock cams and speed #'s between comfort and performance modes. Am I missing anything?

Seems like if you have a realm / realm x and are happy with them being in tune, there isn't much reason to upgrade?

Reactions: Zac

wapitibob

WKR
The 2020 reckoning comes with 2 sets of flip disks, low letoff and high letoff; with each mod flipping comfort/performance. I didn't look at the revolts that were sitting on the counter.

edit, just called and the revolts have a single flip disk module, comfort/performance.

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else have trouble with the skinny grip? Has anyone tried the raised grip they offer?

TheTone

WKR
I’ve never been a big bow tech guy; but also really, really liked the revolt a shot about a month ago. If I was in the market it would be high on my list

V-TRAIN

WKR
i like that color, but went with Kuiu Vias, looks awesome to me.

Attachments

• 20200627_170218.jpg
    20200627_170218.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 38
OP
dreamingWest
Looks great. I didn't see Kuiu patterns being offered. I ended up buying a Revolt X in OD green. I'm tuning the QAD Exodus for a big bull this year. So far I'm a fan of the deadlock cams.

acesand8s

Lil-Rokslider
I went and ordered one yesterday after shooting my buddies. I hurt my shoulder and was having pain pulling my Mathews back...on his comfort mode, no pain. Can't wait to get it in. I went with od green with black limbs.

V-TRAIN

WKR
Looks great. I didn't see Kuiu patterns being offered. I ended up buying a Revolt X in OD green. I'm tuning the QAD Exodus for a big bull this year. So far I'm a fan of the deadlock cams.
i was gonna order one last December but there was a rumor that they were going to carry Kuiu.
i called bowtech at the time and they said it would be sometime in 2020. i have 5 other bows so i just waited to see, i think it was March, they started carring it, Vias & Verde. i have a PSE NXT 33 in Verde, so i got Vias, i like both patters.

that green color is sweet also, hope you slam a bull with yours.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I went and ordered one yesterday after shooting my buddies. I hurt my shoulder and was having pain pulling my Mathews back...on his comfort mode, no pain. Can't wait to get it in. I went with od green with black limbs.
that will be a cool combo. mine was in comfort when i first got it, i shot it some in comfort then switched it to performance and will keep it there. from a stiffness standpoint/ease of draw (at least at my draw length 27.5") i couldn't tell any difference between the two modes. now as far as smoothness of the cycle, comfort is defiantly smoother, in performance there is dump into the valley that is not there in comfort. in performance though there is plenty of valley, doesn't feel like it is going to take off. it has more valley than my Realm-X had in performance.

i added the high wrist grip to mine also, i really like it better than the stock grip. it just sticks out a little more at the base, but fits my hand perfectly.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
that will be a cool combo. mine was in comfort when i first got it, i shot it some in comfort then switched it to performance and will keep it there. from a stiffness standpoint/ease of draw (at least at my draw length 27.5") i couldn't tell any difference between the two modes. now as far as smoothness of the cycle, comfort is defiantly smoother, in performance there is dump into the valley that is not there in comfort. in performance though there is plenty of valley, doesn't feel like it is going to take off. it has more valley than my Realm-X had in performance.

i added the high wrist grip to mine also, i really like it better than the stock grip. it just sticks out a little more at the base, but fits my hand perfectly.

I tried using the control grip on my Reckoning and always seemed to be torquing it. I switched back to the performance grip and I find I like it better on my Realm and Reckoning.

OP
dreamingWest
I've finally got a two bow line-up. They have primary roles, but it's nice to have a back-up.

Bowtech Realm: Comfort, 28" DL, 68# DW, 400 grain arrow at 280 fps. (Treestand)
Bowtech Revolt-X: Performance, 28" DL, 70# DW, 450 grain arrow at 280 fps. (Western)

I can confirm that the Revolt-X in performance mode at 28 inches definitely has a dump into the valley that I've not experienced in any other Bowtechs. But the valley is still improved over my previous high performance cam bow (2013 Insanity). For me, the Revolt-X is a very forgiving bow to shoot. I've had some pretty poor practice shots with it and the arrows hit better than expected. The deadlock cam seem to work as advertised. I was able to papertune fletched and bareshaft without a press, very quickly. I also like that you don't have the yoke cables to worry about in the field.

My Realm is nearly perfect for treestand hunting. Now that I've got a more aggressive option in the Revolt-X, I may back it off further for whitetail season this year. But currently I've got both shooting 280 fps, which is where I like to be from a trajectory stand point.

If any of you Bowtech owners haven't done so already, take a look at Lucky Stops. These are an upgrade from the factory draw stops and allow you to easily fine tune your draw length and valley.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I need a 2 bow line up, i have 6 right now.
Prime Black 3 60#
Bowtech Revolt-X 70#
PSE NXT 33 80#, paid extra for SE cams
PSE Evolve 35 70#
PSE Carbon Air 34 70#
PSE Carbon Air 32 70#

I like them all, but i am selling the Prime, mainly cause its a 60#, and am going to sell some of my PSE's closer to hunting season. 3 is really enough, i just don't have time to justify them all. My problem is i run across good deals and can't pass them up. I am left handed and pretty much have to buy and try, i shoot right handed bows left handed to test, but it still seams awkward.

do you feel from a stiffness standpoint, that there is little to no difference b/w the performance and comfort mode.
i just really couldn't tell much if any difference b/w the 2 other than the dump into the valley with performance.
that is where you gain the speed from, so i am fine with it, if it was stiff it would bother me.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I need a 2 bow line up, i have 6 right now.
Prime Black 3 60#
Bowtech Revolt-X 70#
PSE NXT 33 80#, paid extra for SE cams
PSE Evolve 35 70#
PSE Carbon Air 34 70#
PSE Carbon Air 32 70#

I like them all, but i am selling the Prime, mainly cause its a 60#, and am going to sell some of my PSE's closer to hunting season. 3 is really enough, i just don't have time to justify them all. My problem is i run across good deals and can't pass them up. I am left handed and pretty much have to buy and try, i shoot right handed bows left handed to test, but it still seams awkward.

do you feel from a stiffness standpoint, that there is little to no difference b/w the performance and comfort mode.
i just really couldn't tell much if any difference b/w the 2 other than the dump into the valley with performance.
that is where you gain the speed from, so i am fine with it, if it was stiff it would bother me.

If you sell one of them Carbon's send me a PM. I need one for my wife.