2020 CO archery Elk recap

Thanks for sharing your story, I really enjoyed reading. Congratulations on the harvest, that is a trip that you and your buddies will always remember.

hubbs77

FNG
Awesome adventure and a great read. I can't wait to get out there this year and hopefully make some great painful memories as well.

So much for spot n stalk. That’s what you get for being versatile;) what a great hunt and very well written. A bitter sweet hunt with the loss of John’s mom I’m sure. Look forward to John’s return and your story for 2021

OP
FlyGuy

FlyGuy

WKR
1st off I’d like to just say thank you to everyone who invested in reading that entire story and to those that took the extra time to let me know how much they enjoyed the read. This is the best hunting audience on earth, so I am honored to have a story that so many of you found interesting. That encourages me to do it again on future hunts.

2nd, I was recently asked to be a guest on “The Hunt-Fish Bums” podcast to talk about this hunt (as well as some general hunting philosophies, weaknesses and many other assorted rabbit holes). I was so nervous about it! I was truly flattered to be asked to talk about hunting-it’s my favorite thing to talk about - but thinking about it being recorded really got me anxious! But after hearing it I think it came out pretty dang decent. Anyway, if any of you are interested I’d appreciate you adding it to your download list and giving it a listen. The guy running the show is such a great guy and does such a good job. No sponsors, no pay. He Just loves this as much as we do and he puts a ton of time into it.

here is a link to it. “Hunt Fish Bums, Episode 36 Colorado Archery Elk Hunt with Dru Bishop”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing the story, you did an amazing job keeping us wanting to keep reading more lol.
Congrats on a great hunt, you and and your buddy will have those memories for a lifetime.

scarte81

FNG
@FlyGuy This is the type of hunt story that has given me the itch to get out west this fall in 2021 for the first time! Unbelievable write up without leaving a stone unturned. Congrats on all the success and hope you guys have more to come!!

KRHuntCO

FNG
Super cool to hear the furstrations, pain, perseverence and "hanging in there". As they say
"LOVE the Pain" and thanks for sharing! Good luck again next year and as we all know, nothing quite ever goes as planned. Great Story.

Kslineman

FNG
Thanks for sharing your story. Very well written, couldn’t quit reading it. I am just starting to research attempting a Colorado elk hunt, sounds like a good hunting partner or two are pretty high on the list

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
I read this in the middle of the night and I was "glued to my seat". Congratulations OP and your friend. I could read stories like these all day!