2020 CO archery Elk recap

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
I've been reading every hunting story this site has to offer for years. I'm just an an Eastern whitetail tree stand sitter, so I never feel I have anything to add to to the community. Today I can offer thanks. Thank you for taking me along on your hunt. I felt like I was right there with you. Thank you for taking the time time to share such a well written and exciting story.

Pwells10

WKR
Man what a stellar story! Super glad you texted me the link! Cant wait to see you back in Idaho in a few years!👊

4rcgoat

WKR
Very well written, was almost like reading some kind of novel. I believe this tells the true story of elk hunting. The pain,misery,and the roller coaster ride you get taken on. It is definitely the hardest game ive ever played and probably ever will. Congrats on sticking with it and punching that tag!

willy

FNG
Thank you so much for the write up and sharing with us. Great story and memories along with a great bull. Good luck in WY next year. Get well.

Chills! Congratulations to y’all and thank you for such a great write up! Makes me antsy to get out there…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBAHunts

FNG
great story & story telling. Your ability to describe the raw emotions that go through one's head throughout the duration of a hunt and the decision making was real

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you so much for sharing this story- congrats! Hell of a story- I felt like I was right there with you guys and could feel your pain. I bet that elk tastes damn good now!!

OP
FlyGuy

FlyGuy

WKR
Thank you so much for sharing this story- congrats! Hell of a story- I felt like I was right there with you guys and could feel your pain. I bet that elk tastes damn good now!!

Tastes phenomenal!!!!

a90b58c59d83f1bec079dd3bdbb6460b.jpg
2620b4bf8b9a34638b9ec591b5bc8fca.jpg

You can’t cheat the mountain

Fowler530

WKR
Congrats to you and your buddies on another memorable adventure! Great write-up and pics! That last pic makes it all worth it! Thanks for sharing! 🤙

Last edited:
Great write up and congrats on a successful trip! I just got back from a 6 day elk hunt with my Brother-in-law. While we were unsuccessful, it is stories like this and the sheer adventure that will keep us coming back.

Rden

FNG
Great story! Way to stick it out and work the plan. My first, and only, elk hunt was 10 years ago. I will be out there next year and putting in the work now to make it happen.

dydetert

FNG
Just like everyone else, I really enjoyed this story! Definitely would like to hear more stories from you, your style of writing had me feeling like I was on the mountain with you guys. I have such a hard time remembering all of the day to day occurrences while hunting, they all seem to blend together, but this recount made me realize I need to keep a journal on my next hunts.