2020 CO elk bear muzzy hunt

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Made it into camp this afternoon/drove through some snow and made it to the public land we are hunting the first couple of days. Definitely a lot more grade and thick forward than expecting but looking forward to scouting tomorrow before getting the smoke stick out Saturday!

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty good morning scout trip- found a few access points along with finding a bulging bull. Saw a smaller bull too-looking up for tomorrow with the weather shaping up nicely as well.

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Well onto day 3 and the same results as day 1/2. No elk and not much happening on public land- put on a lot of miles and not much to show. Warm weather and pressure definitely affecting the elk. Decided to catch some Brookies this afternoon. Have to love Mountian streams.
As for tomorrow we move onto private land; hopefully something hits the ground. Elk are definitely different on private verse public.

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
The private land sure is a 180. Saw quite a few cows and calves along with a spike. Buddy also shot a stud.

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
What a day of hunting! Didn’t get to pull the trigger however 2 good bulls bugling all day back and forth with their groups. Damn exciting stuff. Hopefully tomorrow one drops

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Well this morning was by far the best yet however brutal results. Got in between 3 big boys bugling back and forth. Finally one of the 6x6 showed and damn fun fowled 2 times with the bull at 50 yds. Thing stood there looking at me when I reloaded and had no clue what was going on. In the timber is where they were. Sucks..

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
Well this morning was by far the best yet however brutal results. Got in between 3 big boys bugling back and forth. Finally one of the 6x6 showed and damn fun fowled 2 times with the bull at 50 yds. Thing stood there looking at me when I reloaded and had no clue what was going on. In the timber is where they were. Sucks..
Dang that sucks!! Oh the joys of muzzleloading.

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Well the hunt is over now but our group sure did have the experiences of our life. Saw many many animals on the private land in comparison to the public/just as the locals said it was a complete 180 and thankful we made the decision to lease some land. Friday midday ended up shooting a cow to take home some meat. Glad my gun actually fired this time. Sure is impressive how big these animals are. Our group of 5 ended up taking 2 bulls and 2 cows. The bulls were really nice 5x5 and a 6x5 shot by pops. Glad to see the hard work pay off for them! Overall a successful season.

On a side note that Friday morning when sitting in the dark just as dawn upon me and my buddy we had 2 elk calves come up on us and charge toward us and then veer off at 5 yards. Seemed like a pretty odd experience and scared the SH*T out of us lol. If a bear definitely would have been shot. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Good luck to all in the rest of hunt!