2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you have any questions or comments on the 2020 Cold Bow Challenge, please post them here. This will keep that challenge thread clean and easy to follow. Thanks!

With the overwhelming response we’ve had, we have to limit the challenge to 200 shooters. Sorry, but it’s a ton of work to qualify the shooters. The Challenge will run 6 weeks or 200 shooters, whatever we hit first.
Be sure and choose an MER that pushes you or you will be asked to restart the challenge .

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all. We are trying to figure out a way, for this year only, to include the guys who are on lockdown and can’t get to a range. Rokslide member @Randonee just put up a post at the link below.

Please jump on there and see what he has to say and comment there on if there is a reasonable way to include these guys that would be shooting extremely short distances inside their basement, or garage that simulates real and helpful practice.

NDGuy

WKR
I’m in.

Where/when do we sign up? Or just post on this thread? I’m bored as hell I want to get the bow warmed up!

Broke the bow out the other day to shoot a few farther than 15’ in the garage really happy with how it was shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
Hey all. We are trying to figure out a way, for this year only, to include the guys who are on lockdown and can’t get to a range. Rokslide member @Randonee just put up a post at the link below.

Please jump on there and see what he has to say and comment there on if there is a reasonable way to include these guys that would be shooting extremely short distances inside their basement, or garage that simulates real and helpful practice.

For people in the Nampa Caldwell Idaho area I have some property that’s bare land. I wouldn’t mind if some one wanted to use it. One at a time of course.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
For people in the Nampa Caldwell Idaho area I have some property that’s bare land. I wouldn’t mind if some one wanted to use it. One at a time of course.

Mighty nice of you.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m in.

Where/when do we sign up? Or just post on this thread? I’m bored as hell I want to get the bow warmed up!

Look close and the link is highlighted in the lead post. That’s thread is not open yet, but you can go in and read the rules. I’m trying to nail down a few more details, and then I’ll open it up.

In the meantime, everybody should be practicing!

NDGuy

WKR
Look close and the link is highlighted in the lead post. That’s thread is not open yet, but you can go in and read the rules. I’m trying to nail down a few more details, and then I’ll open it up.

In the meantime, everybody should be practicing!
Yeah I realized after I posted thanks sir.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
*4/3/20 update: Get your bow ready! This is coming. It’s been a little harder to get everything lined out than I thought it would, but in the meantime a bunch of sponsors have jumped on, it’s looking really good guys.

This should start by April 10 (but it’s still a little fluid, so be patient) Stay close.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
4/4/20 OK, as we're within about a week of launch, I'll start posting daily the prizes to be awarded in this years's challenge. You're off your rocker if you don't get involved this year!!!! No excuses! You have a decent chance of winning and even if you don't, you'll be a better archer for it.

Grand Prize:
Zeiss Harpia Victory 85mm including eyepiece valued at over $4,000!!!!!! (I told you this was big)

1586011545830.png

More prizes will be posted daily as we prepare for launch. GET THE BOW READY. Take a break from watching the news and the Kung Flu Thread. You'll be glad you did.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, even the old man’s got his bow ready.

As of this morning, I’m only 61 arrows into the 2020 season, and I’m coming out for this thing.

Here are my BEST (nope, I am not showing you the worst ones) groups of the day. But this is with no pressure so these groups will likely grow.

These are at 55 yards with Ironwill Broadheads. I am really contemplating pulling my MER down to 55 yards this year, as I dropped two arrows at 60 last year and it’s bothered me ever since.

You will thank me come July if you’ll get into this challenge Instead of wondering where your broadheads are, and if you have enough arrows left over from last year, no, you’ll be stacking them in there at your MER. Do it!!!!!

d4c32a6ae92bf6eb68995d875c00eadf.jpg

68c144ce21b7c65f266fad90c0bd472c.jpg

74d37ec1567144adc55708ed75ed075b.jpg

cea36da3e6be7e8cd35e611c5fabc36f.jpg

f288c2f0ed4c177edc8fce6c64fbe252.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So the way I'm reading it is first 200 shooters are in? Or is there something a person has to do to qualify?

Good question man.

Yes, it’s the first 200 shooters in. Not including staff because they can’t win the prizes.

Qualifying just means you follow the rules for all five of your arrows (or 10 if you’re in both compound and traditional division).

Does that answer it?