OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
55 it is. That ends my mock 5-day challenge. We must be getting close to launch

976ee88f2bfe974bcc783322fef1cc89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty big wind gusts here today. Not very common for us. Guess I'll go shoot in a bit to challenge myself.

Learned exactly what I suspected. I got no business shooting in 50mph wind gusts. Especially when they are changing directions.

IMG_20200409_141810056.jpg

Compound is upper left. I felt like a saw that arrow change direction twice on the way there. 80 yards.

Recurve is 5 o'clock from 40 yards.

Last edited:
I’m finally in on this one guys! Gonna build up a fresh batch of GT Pierce Platinum .300 Muley Missiles tonight! About to knock the dust off the Mathews, wax the strings and heat her up!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m finally in on this one guys! Gonna build up a fresh batch of GT Pierce Platinum .300 Muley Missiles tonight! About to knock the dust off the Mathews, wax the strings and heat her up!
Awesome! Can't wait to follow along

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've also waxed up the ol strings but I'm heading out turkey hunting so might not get any shots in until after Easter

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Oh man.... competition is heating up..... Any tips on hand torque? Just put one in the 2x4 frame because I started letting the stress get to me and torqued my wrist 😓

SHoug07

FNG
Good thing I shot a little before this started. Learning to service my own bow. Made a few tweaks last night after broadhead hit 10" low at 50 (probably out of my mer). Today at 50 bh left fp right, after verifying sight. Should be a good challenge for myself.
20200409_125740.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man.... competition is heating up..... Any tips on hand torque? Just put one in the 2x4 frame because I started letting the stress get to me and torqued my wrist

I’m no pro but do you shoot with a wrist strap?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I was but felt it was causing me to torque so I took it off at the beginning of the week

Well you’re gonna have to make a decision on whether it did or not. But I use one because I subconsciously grabbed my bow when I fire if I don’t have one. And that introduces torque.

The main thing is only change one thing at a time as you try to solve this.

I wish I could describe a hand position for you, but for me I’m shooting almost an open hand with a very light touch of my fingers on the grip works.

I have found if you pay attention to your site picture, you can tell if you’re tourqing a bow

Go to full draw and get your site centered in your peep, then settle into a hand position that does not move that site left or right..

Hopefully somebody chimes in with more experience than me.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty big wind gusts here today. Not very common for us. Guess I'll go shoot in a bit to challenge myself.

Learned exactly what I suspected. I got no business shooting in 50mph wind gusts. Especially when they are changing directions.

View attachment 168922

Compound is upper left. I felt like a saw that arrow change direction twice on the way there. 80 yards.

Recurve is 5 o'clock from 40 yards.

Those would be valid arrows.

Hit or miss the vital, you get credit for trying in this challenge.

Those would be valid arrows.

Hit or miss the vital, you get credit for trying in this challenge.

Made me wonder if it's valid to pass the shot. I could hardly keep the bow on target, I wouldn't have taken the shot in a hunting situation. I feel like with high winds animals stick tight and you have more going on to cover your sneak. I would have tried to close the distance, or let it go.