2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Jimbob

WKR
Dusted off the bow and shot for the first time this year. 60 yards seemed to be pushing it a bit for how rusty I am right now. If I was headed out for a hunt today I would feel confident at 55 so that will be my MER.

Got everything feeling good and this was the last two shots at 55 yds, one FP and one BH. I painted the best medium-sized animal lungs I could on there.
IMG_0243.JPG

Fatcamp

WKR
Dang. So windy today. Taking my bow to Scheels to have my peep turned now.

Man, I love shooting my bow. 😁

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys, it’s 3 PM mountain time. I wish I had an answer for you, but I’m still waiting on the “unknown variable” so if you want to shoot more than one arrow today and start again tomorrow that’s fine. I don’t think there’s no way in the world all 200 slots will be taken on the first day.

But as for me, I’ve already fired my one early today and I’m gonna hold onto it for a few more hours before I shoot anymore to see if this opens. Sorry! You’ll understand once I open the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK guys, it’s 3 PM mountain time. I wish I had an answer for you, but I’m still waiting on the “unknown variable” so if you want to shoot more than one arrow today and start again tomorrow that’s fine. I don’t think there’s no way in the world all 200 slots will be taken on the first day.

But as for me, I’ve already fired my one early today and I’m gonna hold onto it for a few more hours before I shoot anymore to see if this opens. Sorry! You’ll understand once I open the thread.

Holding on as well winds are 10 gusting 15 but the next 2 days are rain and high winds so they're gonna be true to the spirit of the thread.

Dang. So windy today. Taking my bow to Scheels to have my peep turned now.

Man, I love shooting my bow. 😁
I thought about waiting, but kinda like testing my shot in the wind. Haven’t shot my recurve outside enough to know how much it is going to be affected by wind. Turned out just ok today. I need to start my list of things to get at scheels

chasewild

WKR

Think I'm just going to "sit" on my target for a few hours to keep it real. Might even do it without water and too few layers to really replicate CO archery bucks.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Think I'm just going to "sit" on my target for a few hours to keep it real. Might even do it without water and too few layers to really replicate CO archery bucks.

“Without water“ I get it!

Yes hold on to your arrow a couple more hours. That’s what I’m doing.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Do you have to qualify by posting an arrow or just by Being one of the first 200 to say “I’m in”

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have to qualify by posting an arrow or just by Being one of the first 200 to say “I’m in”

You have to post. That’s your “entry“ into the challenge. Then it’s up to you to finish the other four arrows before the challenge closes. Most guys shoot five days in a row, but some don’t.

And for those who haven’t read the rules, remember you just edit your original post so all five of your arrows appear in the same post. Please don’t be that guy that goes in and creates five posts and we have to PM him to fix it, ha ha ha ha.

Fatcamp

WKR
I thought about waiting, but kinda like testing my shot in the wind. Haven’t shot my recurve outside enough to know how much it is going to be affected by wind. Turned out just ok today. I need to start my list of things to get at scheels

Ya, I shot a bunch in the wind when I got home with the wife. We are rusty. Ready to start in the morning though.

Scheels was strange. Odd times we are living in.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member

Throw a trail cam on your target. Go eat. Purify some water from down in the valley and come back