2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

You found it!!! Hahahah. I was gonna tag you tomorrow if we hadn’t heard from you. Good deal. Hit me up with that email/shipping info and I’ll get that out early next week. Congrats. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Harpia.

Haha I watched the YouTube about 10 times before I realized it wasn’t a joke! I sent you an email, if you don’t have one I’ll send another. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Haha I watched the YouTube about 10 times before I realized it wasn’t a joke! I sent you an email, if you don’t have one I’ll send another. Thank you!

I’ll check that email Monday. Congratulations

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

OK man I just shipped that bad boy. It’s supposed to be at your place on Thursday. If it doesn’t show up by then hit me up and I’ll send you this really long tracking number. Can’t wait to hear what you think about it. Time to be scouting Nebraska white tails and Muleys.

cg2737

WKR
I received my Black Ovis arrow ID arrows today. Let me start out by saying how much Kendall and his crew bent over backwards for me. I shoot a personally built longbow and wanted the GT Classic XT 500 spine arrows with a 4 fletch right Helicle AAE trad vane fletch. When I got on the web page I couldn’t figure out how to get the setup I wanted. I called Black Ovis and was advised by a very nice young lady that they currently were not set up to build traditional arrows. I sent Kendall an email requesting to just have the components sent to me and I would happily build them myself. The next day I received a phone call from Black Ovis. I explained what I wanted and they said we will get these built up and sent out soon. That was just a few days ago. Kendall sent me an email to follow up to make sure I was taken care of not knowing these beautiful arrows were already in my hand. Thank you to Black Ovis and thank you to Rokslide.
6d2851b094ab207d393db4277497ef96.jpg

ac1054196f761e214d21b3393e86a04d.jpg

9f8791b511b6b8260e116cb6e9fd9f04.jpg

Where was the link to the video? I must have missed it! Looks like some awesome prizes!

Never mind, found the prize thread - congratulations to all the winners! Looking forward to doing it again next year 👍

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I received my Black Ovis arrow ID arrows today. Let me start out by saying how much Kendall and his crew bent over backwards for me. I shoot a personally built longbow and wanted the GT Classic XT 500 spine arrows with a 4 fletch right Helicle AAE trad vane fletch. When I got on the web page I couldn’t figure out how to get the setup I wanted. I called Black Ovis and was advised by a very nice young lady that they currently were not set up to build traditional arrows. I sent Kendall an email requesting to just have the components sent to me and I would happily build them myself. The next day I received a phone call from Black Ovis. I explained what I wanted and they said we will get these built up and sent out soon. That was just a few days ago. Kendall sent me an email to follow up to make sure I was taken care of not knowing these beautiful arrows were already in my hand. Thank you to Black Ovis and thank you to Rokslide.
6d2851b094ab207d393db4277497ef96.jpg

ac1054196f761e214d21b3393e86a04d.jpg

9f8791b511b6b8260e116cb6e9fd9f04.jpg

smooth work @ktowncamo

thanks for letting us know about this @cg2737 Hope they shoot well for you.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes! I am. This stupid challenge really set me in my heels. I’ve been working with the local bow shop trying to figure out what in the world was going on?!? I think we have the equipment dialed in and now it’s on me to fix some form issues.
How’s the practice going for you [mention]Fatcamp [/mention] ?

Dennis

WKR
The Cold Bow Challenge showed me I too had some work to do. I try and shoot just 5 good arrows a day since the challenge. Good form, good back tension, smooth release and all goes well.

Jimbob

WKR
Yup, the challenge really spurred me to get my accuracy back. New equipment and major practice have really paid off. Buying gear is not the magic fix BUT my old bow (Carbon Spyder Turbo) was not forgiving and I couldn't get consistent with it. The new Mathews vertix is night and day different in accuracy. Part of that problem was a draw length a touch long as well.

Feeling very confident for archery mountain goat in August.

Gorp2007

WKR
Spurred me to get everything set up early, which started with new strings. Then a new bow shop (the old shop was a nightmare). Then the new shop pointed out the splinter in 3 of my 4 limbs. So now I’ve got almost brand new strings and brand new limbs and I’m committing to switching to my Nock2It with back tension instead of finger blasting my cheap TruFire. It’s a process, but my groups are shrinking and my confidence is growing.

Fatcamp

WKR
Yes! I am. This stupid challenge really set me in my heels. I’ve been working with the local bow shop trying to figure out what in the world was going on?!? I think we have the equipment dialed in and now it’s on me to fix some form issues.
How’s the practice going for you [mention]Fatcamp [/mention] ?

Going good. Moved on to a different bow, 70#, and a 7 pin site. We drew no rifle tags so all in on archery.