2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hmmmm..... Hadn't planned on it, but maybe. Be nice to see if it is consistent.

Leave to hunt in 6 days.

my last 3 day mini challenge at 70 with broadheads. Last on was the day before 1st rifle season in NM after I was done scouting. Was too busy trying to get my brother a goat to get but 2 quality stalks in. Got within 150 before they busted. I had a ton of confidence if i could get within 60 I had a chance. Just couldnt get close enough. It was good practice getting my butt whipped though.

Funny story while I was at our place in NM there was a mule deer in our barn eating alfalfa by where that target was on the 3rd day. Nice little young 3x3 He trotted out of the barn looked at me for a minute and then jumped the fence. Shot the target at 70 from where I was standing looking at him later that afternoon. Made me feel warm and fuzzy.

day 1
day 1.jpg

day 2 before the drive
day 2.jpg

day 3 afternoon before season opened. I guess i should have looked at all the deer poop when I put the target there.
day 3.jpg

Fatcamp

WKR
Last shot Friday morning. Here is a single arrow at 40 off my knees in gusty winds this morning. This is the shot I would have taken at sundown last night if I hadn't made a rookie mistake. Dang nice 4X4, too. Had a few of those this weekend. :) Back home now. Try again in a few weeks.

KIMG3260.JPG

Ya, we have spent a bunch of time searching with a metal detector for lost arrows. Find most of them. 😀
I find some with metal detector. if I'm in grass and have an idea what area they dug into i walk around barefoot and can usually find them. this has helped in an area where there was metal pieces scattered from construction or litter making the detection hard to do

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Last shot Friday morning. Here is a single arrow at 40 off my knees in gusty winds this morning. This is the shot I would have taken at sundown last night if I hadn't made a rookie mistake. Dang nice 4X4, too. Had a few of those this weekend. :) Back home now. Try again in a few weeks.

View attachment 213403
Fatcamp, looks like you used the challenge to the max. Thanks for taking us along. Inspires all of us to keep improving

Fatcamp

WKR
New stick. Elite E32 with new First Strings. Axis 5mm and Hamskea rest. Strange time to change things up, but I feel like I can deal with it.

KIMG3307.JPG

Taking a short break. Hunted last Wednesday afternoon and Thursday until midday. 23 yards from 3 bucks at sundown on Wednesday. There is such a thing as too close. 93 yards from a bedded group on Thursday around noon. Both great stalks that if things had gone just a little different I would have packed heavy.

Have an antelope rifle tag to fill and once that is done I will get back to archery. Keep getting closer and closer. Confidence is high.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
New stick. Elite E32 with new First Strings. Axis 5mm and Hamskea rest. Strange time to change things up, but I feel like I can deal with it.

View attachment 222814

Taking a short break. Hunted last Wednesday afternoon and Thursday until midday. 23 yards from 3 bucks at sundown on Wednesday. There is such a thing as too close. 93 yards from a bedded group on Thursday around noon. Both great stalks that if things had gone just a little different I would have packed heavy.

Have an antelope rifle tag to fill and once that is done I will get back to archery. Keep getting closer and closer. Confidence is high.

Let us know if new bow changes your MER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg2737

WKR
I was able to get my first traditional kill today using the arrows I won in the CBC. Thank you Robby, Rokslide, and Black Ovis.
81864683ed1c514d12970e61a76e0daf.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to get my first traditional kill today using the arrows I won in the CBC. Thank you Robby, Rokslide, and Black Ovis.
81864683ed1c514d12970e61a76e0daf.jpg

All right!!!!! @ktowncamo check out your arrows in action.

cg! Way to go, you're fully trad now. Thanks for letting us know

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my new arrows fully prepped and ready. I was planning on sighting in and then running a 5 day challenge just for myself. Friday had emergency appendectomy. Dr said 3 weeks before I can start shooting again but now I am jonesing more than before to go shoot haha. Archery is a very sick addiction.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just got my new arrows fully prepped and ready. I was planning on sighting in and then running a 5 day challenge just for myself. Friday had emergency appendectomy. Dr said 3 weeks before I can start shooting again but now I am jonesing more than before to go shoot haha. Archery is a very sick addiction.

dang on the surgery but at least it’s not huntin season

watch for 2021 CBC to be announced soon

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve lined up a coaching session with an archery coach. Hopefully this CBC 2021 and the seasons to follow will no better for me
Still a lot of snow here but melting fast.
401c29e57c6f72eb2a1704cbd375c962.jpg
fd79125e344d239b8b9d06715a7dae18.jpg