2020 Colorado 2nd Rifle Success

Steelruger22

Lil-Rokslider
Despite a season of highs and lows for my hunting party, the hunting Gods were very good to me this year. I was able to tag out mid-day on the Saturday opener. Seen a decent herd earlier in the morning but the only legal bull never gave me a shot. Came up on this guy, a lone satellite, around 1300 while side sloping the thick pines. 300wsm put him down @ 60 yards. Was able to get him all packed out Sunday just as the first snowflakes were starting to fall. This guy and my mulie that I took on the next Thursday made my hunting season.
20201024_131048.jpg20201024_131051.jpg20201024_131106.jpg

sasquatch

WKR
I can’t help but think someone tried to shoot him in the head to “drop him”

Sad if that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would love to see a pic of the broadhead out of the skull. Something about the angles on the top blade just don’t look right.

OP
Steelruger22

Steelruger22

Lil-Rokslider
Would love to see a pic of the broadhead out of the skull. Something about the angles on the top blade just don’t look right.
While I won't be removing the broadhead, I did trim down all the skin and meat and am in the process of making a skull plate mount. I will post up some pics once it's cleaned up. I think the head is a cheap Allen brand or something along those lines. Thinking that the same guy who tries to head shoot an elk also has only the most exquisite taste in his equipment....

OP
Steelruger22

Steelruger22

Lil-Rokslider
Here are some pics of the cleaned skull plate and the broadhead. I was also able to get a positive id on it. It is an Allen brand. Wally World sells them for less then $8 for a 3 pack. Pretty sure he had a pretty good headache for a while after this one. 20201111_070616.jpg20201111_070603.jpg20201111_070622.jpg20201110_115434.jpg

LongCut

FNG
Nice work OP. Sounds like you are having an incredible season.

$8 for a 3 pack?? Sounds likes the kind of quality only a true archer/sportsman would rely on! "For when you only feel like having your gear perform some of the time on that hunt of a lifetime"

Nice work OP. Sounds like you are having an incredible season.

$8 for a 3 pack?? Sounds likes the kind of quality only a true archer/sportsman would rely on! "For when you only feel like having your gear perform some of the time on that hunt of a lifetime"
60% of the time it works 100% of the time!

Lack of reliability only makes the hunt more fun and challenging :). Maybe Utah could require allen broadheads since one of their stated goals is to make elk hunting more of a challenge.

LongCut

FNG
GOOD POINT!!

Maybe hunting with equipment that works and is actually reliable, is unfair!!!

In addition to point/draw systems, perhaps they should implement quality standards to further complicate matters!

It could be like: Archery with good equipment or without? (1 or 3 points)

Rifle with good ammo or with garbage? (4 or 7+ points)

Late season with whatever you feel like (3 or no points)