2020 Elite Kure

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
I just wish these companies would offer 80lb limbs.... :(

Also I would be scared to see what a 35" ATA bow would weigh since this 30" is coming in at 4.6lbs.

If you adjust the bow using the set technology you have to adjust the rest as well correct? I was thinking these set technology adjustments moved the string path

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
A 34-35" Kure will also be a slightly different riser design, but this should at least give you an idea. Also, the Ritual 35 is .1 lbs heavier then the Ritual 33.

If the Kure is basically 32" and they do a Kure 34", it should be pretty close to the same comparable.

OP
F
Yes, 1/2” long
This bows taken me a little by surprise
I wouldn’t be surprised is it was up for bow of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are setting up the Kure 1/6" nock high for nock set? I set my ritual up level and quickly realized that it needed to be 1/16" - 1/8" to keep arrow in center of berger hole.

ontarget7

WKR
If you adjust the bow using the set technology you have to adjust the rest as well correct? I was thinking these set technology adjustments moved the string path

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Depends on how you use it. I would suggest only use it for fine tuning if need be (more than likely won’t ever use it) in these cases I don’t see a need to move the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I was one of the new bow every year type of hunters because this one looks great! Was able to tour their factory last week and almost everyone who works there hunts or at least shoots a bow, even the HR woman who gave me the tour. You can tell they all take pride in the product that goes out the door and their customer service folks were great! If anyone plans on being in the western New York area, shoot them a message on fb in advance and try to get in on a tour of the place.

OP
F
Wish I was one of the new bow every year type of hunters because this one looks great! Was able to tour their factory last week and almost everyone who works there hunts or at least shoots a bow, even the HR woman who gave me the tour. You can tell they all take pride in the product that goes out the door and their customer service folks were great! If anyone plans on being in the western New York area, shoot them a message on fb in advance and try to get in on a tour of the place.

Thanks for sharing that is really cool. I have heard the same thing that the whole factory is a bunch of hunters and archery nuts.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up ordering a Kure, even though they didn't come out with a longer ATA. After playing with it a bit, I actually don't mind the 32" ATA. The riser is the same length, actually a little longer then my 34.75" bow it is replacing...so it actually doesn't feel any shorter.

My DL is 28.5", and string angle is perfect.

For me, the draw cycle is very smooth and extremely linear. There isn't really a "hump" to get over. It starts out a little stiffer then a lot of bows, but doesn't seem to build at all. Makes a slow, smooth straight back draw very easy IMHO.

I have not had a chance to chrono or paper tune yet, but I did a lot of playing around with the DL, Letoff, and stop setup. This bow is crazy easy to adjust and I really find the flexibility a huge benefit for tailoring it to my preferences. I also really like the 1/4" DL adjustments. Really allowed me to get the perfect draw length and anchor point.

I have been blind bail shooting a lot and the bow is super quiet and the shot just feels different to me then other bows I have shot. I feel like the way they balanced the cables, there is zero torque at full draw. I am only using 3oz on by front bar and 2 on side bar...which is just to offset my tight spot with four 530g arrows and my sight. I may end up with 3oz in the back to give me a little more bias, but its pretty close to spot in with just that little bit of weight. Which is good, because the bare bow does have a bit more mass then my last bow. It doesn't feel much heavier after all setup. My last bow I ran 4oz up front and 6 on side bar. The release feels very straight line...if that makes any sense. I am sure it doesn't, but the bow just feels like there is zero nock travel (up and down or left to right).

The letoff adjustment is a little interesting in that the range is 70% to 90%, but there are only 4 adjustment positions. I would of like of like another position because right now you have 70%, 90% and what I can only guess is 77% and 83%? I am in CO, so I have it in the second position from 70%, and it feels good to me and in the 28.75" DL spot.. I went down to 65lbs for this bow after shooting 70 for 20 years. I am approaching 40 and dropping from 73 to 68 feels like a good balance as I always like to shoot my bows at max weight.

I have read some comments that there should not really be a material speed difference between 90% letoff and 70%. Maybe someone can do some test to see what the difference is, but I think you would see a difference on this bow. The way you adjust letoff is to move the stops closer or farther. The difference looks around 0.5". When you change the letoff, you also have to re-adjust your DL. The adjustment chops off or adds to the length of the valley. The arrow won't accelerate much during the valley, so it seems to me that if you are at 28.5" and 70% vs 28.5" and 90%, you are replacing that 0.5" of valley with more acceleration at 70%. In theory, it should definitely be a bit faster.

I am coming from a limbstop bow (Elite Pulse) and I don't think I would like this bow at the lower leftoff % and pure limb stops. It would feel too jumpy for my taste. I set mine up with cable stops and the limbs stops at the very back of the valley. So I can pull into the cable stops a good bit, then it hits the limb stops and won't go farther. This little bit of "squish" makes the bow not feel jumpy at the lower letoff percentages. I have also felt pure cable stop bow were better for pulling through the shot, but less consistent for speed and my anchor point. Also, it always feels like I am adding tension to the cables. Having both feels to me like the best of both worlds. I am enjoying it. Some people say limb driven rest are better because they don't put torque in the cable...but pulling hard into cable stops puts way more torque IHMO. I did end up putting a Ripcord Lok on it. Was crazy easy to setup for me (closest bow show is hours away) and so far I like it....alot.

I will post again when I bare shaft, paper and broad head tune. It will also be interesting to see where my speed is when I chrono. My Pulse was shooting a 530g arrow at 271fps. I will chrono them side by side with the same arrow and see where we end up. The Pulse is a 6" brace height and is at 73lbs. Also, probably 90% letoff on 28.5" draw mods.

The things I like most about the bow so far:
- extremely low torque at full draw
- feels buttery smooth through the shot, which I think is partially due to elimination of nock travel and will result in cleaner down range arrow flight
- 1/4" DL adjustments without using a press is more useful then I could of imagined
- adjustability of the feel at full draw really lets you make the bow your own
- machining and build quality is top top notch

OP
F
All I know is the Kure has blown me away. Right out of the box it was shooting perfect bullet holes through paper. Although the S.E.T. technology is awesome I have not had to use it since the bow is shooting so well. I have fixed blade, mechanical and field points flying true and grouping together out to 77yds.

this bow has made me feel like a better archer. My groups immediatly were tighter when I started shooting this bow whether it was at 20yds or 80yds.

I do notice an ever slight vibration after the shot in my hand. For me it doesn't bother me at all and the bow is very quiet.