2020 ElK Colorado looking for partners

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
Though I would bump this thread since bow season is mostly done for Elk in the West.
Anyone here in NIL or SE Wisconsin looking to team up for 2020 CO Archery?

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I reside in Michigan and have hunted CO, WA, ID and Michigan for elk. All have been DIY public land archery elk hunts except MI hunt was rifle. Planning a DIY public land OTC archery elk hunt for 2020. Typically prefer back pack type hunts, but I am open to combo base camp / pack hunt as well. Flexible schedule. I drive out from MI and I am tentatively looking to arrive at the trail head September 6. Typically hunt minimum of 7 days and 3-4 days of travel

OP
luckydraw2014

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
I havent yet, started planning for archery and my partner dropped out. I am now back to figuring out what I am going to do. What are you thinking?

Haven't quite decided if I am applying for the same archery unit as last year, heading to Utah OTC or hunting 2nd rifle OTC Colorado.
Did you hunt CO last year?

OP
luckydraw2014

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt last year, I have looked at OTC Utah as i was out there 6 years ago. I would be up for 2nd Rifle CO

East2West

FNG
I am from Long Island looking to find a solid elk hunting partner or group. Planning on an OTC archery hunt for 2020. State doesn’t matter just looking to get out west!!

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I am from Long Island looking to find a solid elk hunting partner or group. Planning on an OTC archery hunt for 2020. State doesn’t matter just looking to get out west!!
What type of hunt you looking for? I typically like to stay mobile until I find elk or elk sign. Therefore I like back pack hunts. I am planning a DIY archery hunt in CO Sept 15 thru 25 with a day or so travel time at each end. I have a couple guys that have expressed interest, one of which I have hunted with on many occasions, but there are no firm commitments from either one of them yet.

OP
luckydraw2014

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Chris, I did end up finding a partner for this year. Good Luck this year and get on out there and shoot a big one.

Noco

FNG
Hey all... Colorado native here. I just lost my hunting team and am looking for Elk hunters to team up with. All of my hunt have been in the Zirkle area but I am down for anywhere. All my hunts have been rifle but picked up a bow two years ago and want to try that as well. Cheers!

Ps... I have my own truck and all of my own gear.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Hey all... Colorado native here. I just lost my hunting team and am looking for Elk hunters to team up with. All of my hunt have been in the Zirkle area but I am down for anywhere. All my hunts have been rifle but picked up a bow two years ago and want to try that as well. Cheers!

Ps... I have my own truck and all of my own gear.

I’ll be in CO most of the month of September hunting and fishing. If you want to talk about teaming up, PM me. I’ll be solo. I have all my own gear. Will probably pack in and camp in my tipi and do some truck camping also. Just depends on where I end up. Im in above average shape and won’t slow anyone down. Not a pro at calling, but I’m working on it.

Noco

FNG
I’ll be in CO most of the month of September hunting and fishing. If you want to talk about teaming up, PM me. I’ll be solo. I have all my own gear. Will probably pack in and camp in my tipi and do some truck camping also. Just depends on where I end up. Im in above average shape and won’t slow anyone down. Not a pro at calling, but I’m working on it.
Hey Trevor,
What are you hunting and what unit are you hunting? I didnt get a licence this year due to being solo... which I will never do again. I will go solo if I have to from now on. I may be able to help you pack out though.

I had a long distance hike planned rhe first part of September, but it is still up in the air due to my partner getting injured training for the hike.

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
From MN and wife was due mid-November so wasn’t able to make it out west. Looking at doing a 2nd season OTC rifle hunt in CO next year. I’ve only been on one elk hunt and it was cow hunt in Wyoming. Not sure what camping might look like during the 2nd season in CO.

Scottyboy

WKR
From MN and wife was due mid-November so wasn’t able to make it out west. Looking at doing a 2nd season OTC rifle hunt in CO next year. I’ve only been on one elk hunt and it was cow hunt in Wyoming. Not sure what camping might look like during the 2nd season in CO.
Not to hijack a thread but I’m also in MN and would certainly be interested in CO, MN or really anywhere a person wants to hunt! Im only in your area once every 1-2 months but lunch is on me if you ever want
to chat. (Well, whenever dipshit walz says we can have lunch I should say)