2020 Fat Guy Thread

OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my journey.

This morning's weigh in is at 198#s. Down 125#s since starting.

I ran a 5k virtual race for the the local university on Nov 1st. My time was 33:28 which put me 10th overall, 5th for men and 1ST Place for my age group and sex. Very proud of that accomplishment even though there were only 3 men to sign up in the 60 to 69 year group and only 2 completed it :). There was a total of 33 runners that participated in the virtual race. Still, I'm very happy with the fact I could even run it.

Maki35

WKR
Congratulation. That is great.
Wow, you lost 125lbs. That is impressive.
It must be a great feeling to be able to do things that you couldn't when you were heavy. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: LLB
OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks but I actually started losing after last year's elk hunt, Oct 19, 2019. 56 weeks, not 5 months. My fault for not making that clear. Still, I'm happy with the results so far.

Maki35

WKR
No worries. Still a great achievement. It not magic, it takes time and mental focus. I bet you look and feel great.

OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my weight. Still at 198 lbs, with the holidays here I'm indulging a little more in the meals but maintaining my weight. Fitness has gotten better, I ran another 5k on Thanksgiving and shaved a minute per mile off for a 30:34 time. I also flew out to Nevada to help a friend on his elk tag he drew right before Thanksgiving and was hiking between 9000 and 10,000 feet. He got on bulls but couldn't quite get it done. But that's hunting and we all had a blast doing it. It was nice to be able to hike like that and not kill myself doing it.

Goal for the rest of the year is to hold at this weight over the holidays, wife said just don't gain 10 lbs during this time 😁. Still exercising, ran 3 miles at the truck stop this afternoon. Next year will tighten up the diet and step up the exercise plan. I have signed up for another 5k on Valentine's Day 🏃.

Hope all of y'all are keeping up with your goals and I look forward to following a 2021 thread next year 👍. Have a great Christmas everyone.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my weight. Still at 198 lbs, with the holidays here I'm indulging a little more in the meals but maintaining my weight. Fitness has gotten better, I ran another 5k on Thanksgiving and shaved a minute per mile off for a 30:34 time. I also flew out to Nevada to help a friend on his elk tag he drew right before Thanksgiving and was hiking between 9000 and 10,000 feet. He got on bulls but couldn't quite get it done. But that's hunting and we all had a blast doing it. It was nice to be able to hike like that and not kill myself doing it.

Goal for the rest of the year is to hold at this weight over the holidays, wife said just don't gain 10 lbs during this time 😁. Still exercising, ran 3 miles at the truck stop this afternoon. Next year will tighten up the diet and step up the exercise plan. I have signed up for another 5k on Valentine's Day 🏃.

Hope all of y'all are keeping up with your goals and I look forward to following a 2021 thread next year 👍. Have a great Christmas everyone.
You are crushing it. Great motivation for the rest of us fat guys!

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
Alright you guys got me. Everyone's awesome progress motivated me to start.
I don't own a scale but I'm 30 years old, 6'7" and the flabbiest I have ever been. Used to weigh about 230 pounds when I was in basketball shape. I'm probably around 250 pounds now but less muscle mass and way more fat. Do any of you have suggestions for a body weight type workout plan I can do in addition to walking/hiking with a heavy pack & running? I could pick up some bands or kettle bells but don't know a damn thing about working out

Started the year at 289 after gaining 10 lbs. on a Christmas cruise. I got as heavy as 296 in April between the shutdown and aggravating herniated discs while working out and couldn't work out for months.

Weighed 278 today and my resting heart rate went from 77-61 BPM. Goal weight is 225.

I have been doing backpack cardio, run/walk on the treadmill and kettlebells. I also got my wife a spin bike for Christmas which should help because it will be in our room and I can do it anytime.

Last edited:

Scott13

FNG
228lbs at 28% 12/14, down 7.5lbs and 1.3% since 9/30.
Slow progress. 43 lbs to go.

Target: 185lbs and 15% by 7/30/21.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
Two weeks into intermittent fasting. 20-4 schedule and feeling good. No scale but i feel like I've slimmed down a bit. It's been pretty easy to keep to the schedule. 2-6pm is my eating window.

Great progress nomad

The hardest part for me is just getting started, Im hoping to use this as inspiration. No specific diet but I feel the best doing the intermittent fasting. Im 57 and 230 would like to be 200 by October